cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Instructions

Milena B Member Since: Dec 1, 2014
1 of 7

It would be great for clients to be able to view the instructions, and all milestone information, after it has been submitted to a contractor.  This way both client and contractor have proof of the instructions supplied for the job.

I know you can view all messages but it does not include the instructions provided in the milestone allocation which is the most important part of the job allocation.

I'm very amazed that this is not available.

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 7

I'm not sure what you are saying here. I can view the  milestone instructions when I set and send them and even after sending them. Thery are also viewable under the contracts tab. I'm both a client and a freelancer here.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Donart N Member Since: Mar 25, 2015
3 of 7

Hi,

I need to review some previosus milestone instruction but cannot see them. 

Would you knidly describe how to access the instructions? (i am a client)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
4 of 7

This function has been broken for weeks. I have asked repeatedly for it to be fixed, but it has yet to happen.

As a freelancer, you cannot see the instructions the client has written out for the milestone. As of last week, the work I send to the clients via the milestone payment system is not visible to the client as well. The only method is the messaging system. I now have 2 clients that copy and paste the information they put into the milestone system into a message so I can actually see it.

It is all very broken.

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
5 of 7

Is the due date calculated considering the oDesk server time or the freelancer's time zone?

Also is the due date calculated as 12AM of the day or 11:59PM?
For example if the due date is March 4th then when does a milestone gets over due?

Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

For fixed price jobs, milestones should be defined as part of the terms which include a due date and payment amount. The payment amount and terms, should be clearly outlined beofre any payments are made. Here is an image of what a mileston payment screen looks like. 

You can also read the oDesk Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 5.33.08 PM.png

Untitled
Aggie D Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
7 of 7

The milestone instructions are hard to find after you left that screen, but I managed to find in Contract>Work Diary>Contract History>View all contracts (click on the milestone title highlighted). Interesting place for an imprtant milestone content, but at least it's still there!

I hope that helps someone.

a

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS