🐈
» Forums » Clients » Milestone Issues
Page options
133c76ed
Community Member

Milestone Issues

Hey folks, 
Somehow I managed to put the whole project budget in the first milestone(that somehow got auto-generated), is it possible to re-allocate the funds?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Robin,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further with setting up the contract and milestones.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Robin,

Yes, it is! While an active Milestone cannot be changed, you can release a partial payment when the freelancer submits the work. The unused funds will remain in Escrow and you'll be able to use them to fund the rest of the Milestones. Learn more about this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
133c76ed
Community Member

Hi Andrea and thank you so much for the quick response! 

Accidently the first (auto-generated) milestone became the whole project description and is now the active one. The due date is also way after the other ones. It would look / become very strange if we continued on that milestone and then just pay out a portion. To solve this, is it recomended that I cancel the current contract and do it right from scratch(if so, could you please descrive how to do it right?)? Or is there a way to change the active milestone if both freelancer and client agrees to?

Other than that, if I want to just pay a portion, do I still click on 'Pay Now' and then alternatives appear? Becuase I really don't want to pay out the whole project budget at the first milestone.
UpworkPay.png

Hi Robin,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further with setting up the contract and milestones.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths