🐈
» Forums » Clients » Milestone Payment Released
Page options
6a5b65d6
Community Member

Milestone Payment Released

Hi.. 

I am a client. I have released all the payments and add $50 bonus to the freelancer. Now, the freelancer still hasn't sent me all the files that were paid for. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Teddy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I suggest that you communicate first with the freelancer about the project. If they're still responding to your messages, you may still get your deliverable.

If the payment was released from Escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer or agency whether to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

Please note as well that you can only dispute the funds released in Escrow and not the bonus payment of $50.00. You can learn more about this here and here.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

You made a mistake.

You used the Upwork tool incorrectly.

You are supposed to receive all of the files first. And then review them and make sure they are correct. And then release the money in escrow to the freelancer.

What should you do?

Close the contract, and leave appropriate feedback. Perhaps the feedback you write and the scores you leave reflect how you feel about paying for work and never receiving it.

But before you close the contract, send the freelance a message explaining the advice you received here. Perhaps reading about your feedback plans will help the freelancer decide what to do next.

759e32fa

Hi Teddy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I suggest that you communicate first with the freelancer about the project. If they're still responding to your messages, you may still get your deliverable.

If the payment was released from Escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer or agency whether to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

Please note as well that you can only dispute the funds released in Escrow and not the bonus payment of $50.00. You can learn more about this here and here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths