🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Milestone activation failed. Please conta...
Page options
fa64db1b
Community Member

Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support

Hi!

All my available payment methods are failing with: Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support.

Can you please create a ticket and review my issue or let me know where do I have to create it?

Regards

72 REPLIES 72
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Belisario,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks!

Hi,

The client is receiving the following message  "Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support"

Please help.

Regards

Mugure

Hi Mugure,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the contract ID with me. Our team will reach out to your client and assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, The contract ID is 23378182. Regards

Thank you for the follow up Mugure,

Our team will reach out to your client as soon as possible and assist them further.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Any update on reaching the client since i havent heard from her and the
milestone is still not active.

Regards
Mugure

Hi Mugure,

I can confirm that our team has already reached out to your client via ticket and email to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Is it now possible for my client to create a milestone on my account?

Regards
Mugure

Hi Mugure,

Your client can create a new milestone from their account. You can share this help article with them for more information. Also, you should be able to propose a new milestone for your contract. Please check this help article for more information on how to do that. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d8a5c9b3
Community Member

Hello,

I can't active the next milestone, and yes the first milestone was successfully paid, we cleaned the caches and changed browser as well, but keeps giving me the same error.

We would like to pay our freelancer with the total amount of budget left, so i created a milestone with the leftover, but it gives me this error (screenshot attached).

Could you please tell me if it's because there's not enough balance or it's for another reason. Balance should be enough unless the fee will be charged outside the budget of the project. Help us please. We are desperate!

Thanks in advance for your prompt answer.

Contract ID: 24411112

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d8a5c9b3
Community Member

What doesn’t it mean “status: solved”?
Nobody reached me out yet and I still have that problem. Can I have some explanation please? Thanks
tkvela59
Community Member

Even We are facing the same issue.Help us in resolving the same.

"Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support."

Hi Velayudham,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I got no issues in paying for my first milestone, this is specifically coming for my 2nd milestone. Upwork had contacted me and suggested to check with my bank and I did, everything is fine, I had given my bank a visit checked for everything including e-mandate etc. I even did some other international transactions which worked fine.

I mean each and every payment method of mine gives this freaking error, I am really dissatisfied with this.

please check this Re: Milestone activation failed. Please conta... - Upwork Community, this guy was also facing the same issue. please let me know how his issue was fixed

Please help me with this

Hi Shubham,

If you're still experiencing issues please follow up directly with our support team via ticket as they are the ones who can best assist you. You can reopen your ticket by replying to the email notification sent to your inbox.

~Andrea
Upwork
403251ba
Community Member

My ticket was marked as solved ... can you please open a new ticket ?

Hi Shubham,

I would be happy to help. Your ticket is now opened as per your request. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Respected Upwork Team,

All my available payment methods are failing with: Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support.

Can you please create a ticket and review my issue or let me know where do I have to create it?

Thanks

Aadarsh

Hi Aadarsh,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
69bc2730
Community Member

This problem occurs again.

sid1508
Community Member

The evergreen problem of Milestone activation failing that Upwork just cant fix! I removed and re-added my card and paid $2 in total just to fail the milestone activation again! Please fix this, it's getting on my nerves now. The card works fine for a few days and the error comes back!

Hi Siddharth,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
sid1508
Community Member

The guy that has been assigned to my problem isn't responding, its been 24 hours since I replied to his first message! 

Hi Siddharth,

I have followed up regarding your concern with the relevant team and they've just responded to you via your support ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am facing the same problem.

Hi Karim,

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to activate a milestone. Let me have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist with this. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello I am facing this same issue, how do I solve it? I can't pay my freelancers

Hi Ayo,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble activating milestones. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Goran, I am facing the same problem. The contract ID is 29044831. Could you please help me?

Hi Sa,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Respected Upwork Team,

Thanks

Aadarsh

Respected Upwork Team,

Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support.

Thanks

Aadarsh

Hi Aadarsh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your payment method. I checked and I see that the transaction could not be completed due to an issue with the payment method. If you are using a Paypal to complete the transaction, could you please try with an alternate payment method saved on your Paypal wallet? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 
I'm having the same problem, can you review my issues ?

Hi Lemore,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey, Unfortunately,

there is no option to raise a new ticket.

Hi Arifa, 

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.
~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths