🐈
» Forums » Clients » Milestones - client delayed approval
Page options
catenazzi-nicole
Community Member

Milestones - client delayed approval

Hi there,

I'm working on a project right now that has four milestones. I had set the proposed deadlines for each milestone, which the client used to create the contract. I submitted the first milestone ahead of schedule and my client let me know that they had some personal matters come up and might be delayed in reviewing/approving the first milestone. 10 days later, the first milestone still hasn't been reviewed or approved. The deadline for the second milestone has now passed, but of course I can't start or submit the work until the first milestone is approved.

Will missing the second milestone deadline affect my job success score, even though it's because the client hasn't had the time to review/approve the first milestone? Is there a way to adjust the deadlines for future milestones (previously, they were set assuming that the client would be reviewing/approving in a timely manner)?

Note: all communication with the client has been good. I know that they delay is only because they have had personal matters come up. 

Thanks very much! 

2 REPLIES 2
filip_s
Community Member

[pirate voice on] Deadlines are not rules, they're more like guidelines.

Don't worry about it, deadlines don't automatically affect your JSS, only the client feedback at the end does. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicole, 

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days (4 more days in this case) from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you. 

Please check this Help article and try to restore your communication with the client, make sure not to start working until a new Milestone is created and fully funded.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths