🐈
» Forums » Clients » Milestones for fixed-budget job not availalbl...
Page options
george-ceo
Community Member

Milestones for fixed-budget job not availalble

Hello,

I don't have the option to add milestones for a fix budget job, despite being said that this is possible. I checked everywhere on the job post, but there is no option to split the budget into the milestones in advance. Why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

George C wrote:

ll, I can find an option to add the milestones. Should I hire the developer to initiate the contract, before being able to add them? 

You can't create milestones until the stage when you make an offer. But you can certainly write the proposed milestones into any communication with potential freelancers you might want to hire.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi George,

To add multiple milestones follow the steps below:

1. Go to Jobs  My Jobs
  2. Open the contract you wish to update
  3. Click the Add or Edit Milestones button
  4. Enter the Milestone details and click Save

To learn more about multiple milestones and how to edit them, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Govan,

I already checked this article, and this one too which specifically about fixed price jobs: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068218-Milestones-for-Fixed-Price-Jobs

Still, I can find an option to add the milestones. Should I hire the developer to initiate the contract, before being able to add them? Why this can't be done from the job post phase, before choosing who to hire?

Hi George,

You can set up multiple milestones when you`re creating/sending the offer to your freelancer or once you have a contract in place. 
If you need further help with your contract, let me now and one of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I need some custom assistance please. I opened a ticket few days ago, but it's urgent to get a final reply today and close the contract

Hi George,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

George C wrote:

ll, I can find an option to add the milestones. Should I hire the developer to initiate the contract, before being able to add them? 

You can't create milestones until the stage when you make an offer. But you can certainly write the proposed milestones into any communication with potential freelancers you might want to hire.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths