🐈
» Forums » Clients » Misleading Site Optimisation Freelancer
Page options
21f41783
Community Member

Misleading Site Optimisation Freelancer

I've recently had some work finished by a freelancer relating to site optimisation.

He did a good job (or so I thought) so I paid him in full and also gave him a 5 star rating.

As soon as the job was done and paid communication went from amazing to nothing which was a little strange.

I've then noticed that the freelancer has used very underhanded techniques during the optimisation work and quite honestly is something that future (but also previous) customers of his should be aware of.

1) i have already contacted him (again no response) requesting a full refund - what are the next steps? How do I raise a dispute?

2) is it possible to amend my previous 5 star rating so at least other clients of his are not mislead?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Michael A wrote:

1) i have already contacted him (again no response) requesting a full refund - what are the next steps? How do I raise a dispute?

2) is it possible to amend my previous 5 star rating so at least other clients of his are not mislead?

To be honest, once a contract has been completed and paid, a freelancer is no longer in any contractual relationship and whilst it is good manners to respond, the freelancer isn't really obliged to continue "amazing communiction".

How much money are we talking about? Hourly or fixed rate contract.

1) You can raise a dispute for an hourly job up to Friday night following the week the work was done. On a fixed rate contract, you can raise a dispute within 30 days of the date the last milestone was funded (funded, not paid)

2) No, you can't unless the freelancer enables you to do so from their end.

21f41783
Community Member

Around $250 so it's not a massive amount, but although getting the money back be benefical... there is still the fact he's clearly misleading his other previous and current clients.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about all this. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for that - i'll keep an eye out for it.

Ta

Latest Articles
Learning Paths