🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Misrepresentation by Developer
Page options
jasonyap88
Community Member

Misrepresentation by Developer

I used a company recently and they basically mislead me that did they my competition's site.

They claimed that they had done the work for my competition which led me to award them the project.  However, recently I met the CTO of my competitor and they said they never outsourced and he told me outright that the company doing the job was a fraud.

Today I told the company that I knew about it.  However, instead of being sorry about caught in the lie, he decided to say that he only used the site as a reference but it is clearly not that.  Furthermore instead of being apologetic, he basically claimed I was wasting his time.  

May I know what I can do these situations?

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I see that our team is already assisting you directly via a support ticket. Kindly, allow time for our team to carefully review your request and respond accordingly. We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alphazomgy
Community Member

Wow. It kind of makes sense that you wouldn't expect someone to talk to their competitors, but in real life that's exactly what happens ALL THE TIME! I'm weak, screen shotting this thread lol. 

A few years back I got hired to replace a programmer that had been fired for trying to sell the code he was writing to another company. He had no idea the owners of the two companies knew each other.

florydev
Community Member

But in this case he deliberately hired the person believing that they had created their competitors site.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths