cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing box in payment screen

Ariadne F Member Since: Dec 15, 2014
1 of 16

Hi all,

Just curious: previously it was possible to input exactly what the freelancer was supposed to get instead of just the amount you as a client was going to pay.

That box is no longer there. (see here sample of the box: https://support.odesk.com/entries/23052631)

Am I the only one missing this box? I now know that the formula is something like x*(100/90) but it would have been so much easier if it was just there?

Your input is appreciated!
Ariadne

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 16

Hi Ariadne,

That box has been missing for almost half a year and we asked oDesk to bring ths back but got no response. I agree it can get tricky and has resulted to a lot of misunderstanding between clients and freelancers (I'm a client and sometimes freelance as well).

I hope they seriously begin listening to their users.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 16

A New Year resolution, maybe? I won't be holding my breath...

4 of 16

Hope they start listening as well: how hard is it to bring such a small feature for them bu a big thing for us back???
Thanks for your response!

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 16

Hi Ariadne,

I'm curious from your perspective as a client why you need to call out this information specifically when deciding on how much you are going to pay?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
6 of 16

Garnor, this box is VERY important for clients because they typically agree with their freelancer what the freelancer will get, not what it will cost them. If a client agreed with me that I'd get a certain bonus, it should be VERY easy for them to pay it, and not have to do the math because oDesk removed the field.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 16

Because of this, I always talk in terms of total cost to client. It's a work-around, but it means that if there is any confusion, it's in my favour. Shouldn't have to be like that though...

8 of 16

Hi Garnor,

As already stated, the people whom I work with always are giving me the amount that they wish to receive and not taking into consideration that oDesk also needs to get a piece of their pie.

I have been working with some people for a long time now, and we've always worked like this, as it's the fair thing in my opinion. Now I have to think about things before just inputting what the freelancer is going to get which m akes my life a tad harder.

So. PLEASE pretty please: BRING IT BACK!
There. It's out of my system now. Smiley Happy
Thank you in advance.

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
9 of 16

That was very useful, I also do not understand why it was removed. Please bring it back.

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
10 of 16

Thanks for the clarification all, this makes sense. I'll get it to the team. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS