🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Missing emails to freelancer
Page options
9a664e00
Community Member

Missing emails to freelancer

Hi. When I got an email from a freelancer, it said "Alternatively, you can also respond by replying to this email." So I replied to the email. It got sent to a @mg.upwork.com email address. Apparently the freelancer didn't get it. I supplied the exact time, so they could check the spam folder. So what happened to it?

Is this message system reliable? Is the freelancer at fault some how? I need to get to the bottom of this to know how to proceed. Replying via email is convenient because it allows more formatting options than the upwork.com messaging system.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi A.K.

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

A.K. N wrote:

Replying via email is convenient because it allows more formatting options than the upwork.com messaging system.

Not really, because that is exactly where it is delivered and where the freelancer should be able to see it (in the message room)

You can check if it arrived there by looking at the message room. 

When you click on "respond by replying to this email" , it doesn't send an email from your email to the freelancer's email, it adds what you write to the message thread.

9a664e00
Community Member

Petra: That is how it is supposed to work. But in this case, all messages simply vanish. From the freelancer's point of view, I've gone silent.

9a664e00
Community Member

Update: Upwork has been looking into this and has not provided any explanation other than escalating it the their technical team. I suggest they remove the button to reply via email until this feature is fixed. Having messages dissapear created a lot of confusion between me and the freelancer, and we are taking extra steps to confirm each communication.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths