🐈
» Forums » Clients » Money being taken out of my account
Page options
125fe469
Community Member

Money being taken out of my account

Hi,

I’m new to Upworks and put my card as my billing info and my money was just randomly being taken out of my bank account from upworks even though I did not hire anyone!!! And had no balance due so why is Upworks stealing from me?? What is going I’m new to this platform and have my money being taken away from me. Please help me, I need someone to talk to on the phone, I can’t find a phone number to contact anywhere.
7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Naaz H wrote:
I’m new to Upworks and put my card as my billing info and my money was just randomly being taken out of my bank account from upworks even though I did not hire anyone!!! And had no balance due so why is Upworks stealing from me?? What is going I’m new to this platform and have my money being taken away from me

Upwork (obviously) isn't stealing from you. You my mean the verification chargeds (2 small amounts which add up to $10) which are charged to all new clients for their own security. Those are refunded once you complete the verification.

irfan5525
Community Member

Upwork usually can charge you a monthly when you select the Plus membership at the time of account signup.

Muhammad i wrote:

Upwork usually can charge you a monthly when you select the Plus membership at the time of account signup.

The OP is a client, not a freelancer

I did not click that though
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Naaz,

I just checked your account but was not able to locate any charges. I would also like to clarify that when you're adding a billing method, two small charges will occur and once your method is verified they are refunded back to your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, so up to $38 has been taken out of my account twice. But how do I do the verification so it can be refundable?

Hi Naaz,

Credit card charges from Upwork will include a reference number on your billing statement in the format “UPWORK-xxxxxxxxxREF.” Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with the Reference ID of the transactions you're referring to so I could check on this further?

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths