🐈
» Forums » Clients » Money stuck in Escrow after Ending the Contra...
Page options
c5bdca6a
Community Member

Money stuck in Escrow after Ending the Contract.

Hi, On 29th April 2020, my milestone got funded twice for the same amount of $100 by mistake. Upon ending the contract with the developer, my money seems to be stuck in escrow perpetually, not allowing me to use it for my next hire or to get a refund.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Harsh,

I checked your contract and I can see that there are no funds in Escrow, all funds have already been paid to your freelancer. To view more details about the payments go to My Jobs > All Contracts > and click on the contract title. 
If you have any additional questions let me know. If private details are involved, feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
The issue is that on 29th April my Amex card was charged twice for the same amount of $103 as per the transaction list and as per my credit card statement. However this money should be refunded to me after the contract ends since it was in excess in escrow.

I have paid Manjiri Deshpande $250 +$50 (Bonus) = Total $300, which is correct, however i was charged $400 and balance $100 of mine shows stuck in escrow with no way to reverse it.

Please check your PM for screenshots of my transaction history, showing duplicate charges and excess money lying in escrow. 
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harsh,

It looks like you have two contracts with this freelancer. The payment you're referring to was released on one contract and the escrow funds are still available under another contract. If the funds in escrow are no longer required for the project, you can request an escrow refund. Please check this help article for more information on how to do that.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c5bdca6a
Community Member

Hi,

I've tried all means but $100 is still stuck in Escrow. ( It is from my 1st Contract - which is not yet reversed after ending the contract).

My 2nd Job Offer Contract has ended today and payment of $100 paid to the freelancer from escrow.

My $100 is duplicate charge for 29th April 2020 milestone, and that money is still stuck in escrow. Your above help article does not solve my problem.

Hi Harsh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your Escrow funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths