🐈
» Forums » Clients » Money transfer - freelancer account - client ...
Page options
bashir0609
Community Member

Money transfer - freelancer account - client account

Can I transfer money to client account from freelancer account?
Bashir
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Bashir A wrote:

No, you can't.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

@Bashir A wrote:

No, you can't.

Thanks Petra

Bashir
0427b97d
Community Member

I have exactly the same question as Bashir. So, is it available to transfer money from my freelancer account to my client account in 2020 yet? Any new updates?

Thanks,

Chau

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chau, 

This feature is not available at present. Financial accounts for a client and freelancer account are treated separately. If this feature becomes available, we'll make sure to post an announcement here in the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0427b97d
Community Member

Thank you @Avery for replying me. Hopefully this feature will be available soon.

petra_r
Community Member

Chau N wrote:

Thank you @Avery for replying me. Hopefully this feature will be available soon.

Unlikely, given that it used to be possible years ago and was changed for legal reasons.

Any new updates? Is the feature still unavailable or it is now available?

Hi Fahad,

It's not possible to transfer funds from a freelancer account to a client one.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

is there any REASON it isn't possible ? would be much more smart if i could do it, since i'm having alot of trouble with my credit card, even having funds on my paypal account..

re: "is there any REASON it isn't possible?"

Upwork cites legal reasons.

Obviously there are ways around those legal reasons, and there are places that legally do something like that (being able to transfer funds between different types of accounts).

But Upwork has for years consistently specified legal reasons as the reason they aren't doing it now, and I highly doubt they will change their minds any time soon.

Hi Bruno, 

I'm afraid this is by design, though your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'll make sure to pass it on. Can you please share more details about the problem you're experiencing with your credit card? We'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths