🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Money wasted on unresponsive clients!
Page options
bannourwided
Community Member

Money wasted on unresponsive clients!

I find it quite frustrating that I bid on jobs that I know I am fit for and hear nothing in return! Freelancers have always something to lose (paid connects) while clients could just ignore all the proposals and switch to another platform regardless. The fact that clients don't even bother to reject the offer frustrates me. I think it's only fair that connects return to the freelancer's balance if the client rejects the offer. Clients should have a limited period to check and select the best fit. I don't see the point of wasting money on an unresponsive client without being able to retrieve it.
Upwork, please balance things out.
11 REPLIES 11
vitaliy-kuzmich
Community Member
lysis10
Community Member

Amal M wrote:
I find it quite frustrating that I bid on jobs that I know I am fit for and hear nothing in return! Freelancers have always something to lose (paid connects) while clients could just ignore all the proposals and switch to another platform regardless. The fact that clients don't even bother to reject the offer frustrates me. I think it's only fair that connects return to the freelancer's balance if the client rejects the offer. Clients should have a limited period to check and select the best fit. I don't see the point of wasting money on an unresponsive client without being able to retrieve it.

If you think that's bad, wait until you get a load of the jerks that make you dress up, drive all the way down to their office, ask you some questions and don't even hire you. RUDE!

Wow now that's bad!!

Jennifer M wrote:

Amal M wrote:

If you think that's bad, wait until you get a load of the jerks that make you dress up, drive all the way down to their office, ask you some questions and don't even hire you. RUDE!

I've started to demand money to be interviewed. Don't even put on my make-up anymore.

No one hires me, but I have saved up on my products.

How do you demand money to be interviewed?

Amal M wrote:

Hi Amal,

I do not.
Also, I don't use make up.

Was just joking.

If I were to demand money to be interviewed, definitely wouldn't be hired.

Amal M wrote:

The same way you demand that your connects be refunded when you don't land a contract.

You seriously did that before?

HEAD & WALL.gif

stenafio
Community Member

I totally agree with you, Amal, and had already pointed out the issue years ago.

Upwork seems more and more unable - or unwilling - to keep things balanced. And it all adds up to the profile status change thing, which forces you to waste money in order to be there, and to the 20% fee which I think is quite high. Not to mention freelancers whose currency is different from USD. I use EUR and that's another way I keep losing money.

I guess more and more people are getting tired of this system and quitting the platform. Maybe when it totally collapses Upwork will understand that it would have been better to keep the old system that allowed it to become what it is now.

Stefano G wrote:

I guess more and more people are getting tired of this system and quitting the platform. Maybe when it totally collapses Upwork will understand that it would have been better to keep the old system that allowed it to become what it is now.

Whether this system succeeds or fails, it is very unlikely that Upwork will ever "understand" that it would have been better to keep the system that was losing it an average of $6 million/month.

If in fact more and more people are getting tired of this system and quitting the platform, it seems the system is working, since Upwork has been quite open about the fact that the platform currently has a great many more freelancers than it needs or wants.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members