Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

More invitations?

Active Member
Greg B Member Since: Jun 25, 2019
1 of 10

I sent out 3 invitations for a particular job.  Is there a way to be able to send out additional invitations?

Moderator
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 10

Hi Greg,

 

To be able to send 15 invites per job post, you can upgrade to our Client Plus plan. To receive unlimited invites, you can upgrade your job post to a Featured Job for a one-time fee of $29.99.

 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
3 of 10

Disaster!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 10

Maria T wrote:

Disaster!


On the plus side, there should be fewer nonsensical invitations. For example, I periodically get invited to work on Magento sites, even though I don't mention Magento in my profile, and I've worked on exactly one Magento site to do 1 tiny task. Also, basic plan clients may be forced to consider proposals more carefully because they can't fall back on sending mass invites.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
5 of 10

John,

I agree with you, in general, but 3 invitations?
I think it's misery!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 10

Maria T wrote:

John,

I agree with you, in general, but 3 invitations?
I think it's misery!


Well, it's not exactly generous. In fact, I can think of another word you can make by inserting one letter in the word you used that would be apropos, but I'm leaving it as an anagram exercise for you.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 10

John K wrote:

Maria T wrote:

John,

I agree with you, in general, but 3 invitations?
I think it's misery!


Well, it's not exactly generous. In fact, I can think of another word you can make by inserting one letter in the word you used that would be apropos, but I'm leaving it as an anagram exercise for you.


Miserly ...

 

Do I get a gold star? Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 10

John, I would bet a pikaki lei or a snow cone that the invite situation you describe apples to U initiated invites vs. buyer issued "invite only".

 

Blame the faulty algorithms ... and that has NOT been addressed.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
9 of 10

John K wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Disaster!


On the plus side, there should be fewer nonsensical invitations. For example, I periodically get invited to work on Magento sites, even though I don't mention Magento in my profile, and I've worked on exactly one Magento site to do 1 tiny task. Also, basic plan clients may be forced to consider proposals more carefully because they can't fall back on sending mass invites.


That's what especially annoys me -- it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know if the invite limit has gone into effect for all clients yet, but I'm still getting ridiculous invites. One of my last few invites included a job for a financial planner or something like that ... and the job post was in another language. 

Active Member
Ray H Member Since: Jun 30, 2019
10 of 10

I agree

 

I find the new payment plans a serisuly bad idea. I use UW on hundreds of jobs but now will look fro alternatives as this is a very very bad idea

 

UW will regret this move

 

Taking a slice on both sides is understandable temptation but its biting teh hand that feeds it

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS