🐈
» Forums » Clients » Multiple Fake Profiles using a domain that I ...
Page options
1e9f2d1a
Community Member

Multiple Fake Profiles using a domain that I created and own

Am fairly new to Upwork, but I have a major concern about the level of fraud that is being perpetrated.

There are two "cookie cutter" freelancer profiles what both claim to have a created a site that I own. They categorically did not create that site. Their profile photographs are stolen from elsewhere.

Despite the WHOIS details clearly pointing to me, Upwork have not yet removed the profiles. These people do not exist, and did not create my site.

What does it take to get them removed ? 

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nigel, 

I can see that you have already opened a ticket and provided the details about this to our team. Our team will investigate this further and proper actions will be taken.

Thank you for reporting and making Upwork a safer place.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not sure that just removing this freelancer from my list of proposals, but allowing them to continue on the site and message people, is "making Upwork a safer place.".

If I claimed that I built the Upwork site, I am sure you would be taking action.

re: "If I claimed that I built the Upwork site, I am sure you would be taking action."

Be careful with this idea...

What if that action was to tell people you DID build the Upwork site and blame YOU for its problems?

Good idea. Maybe I should be sending the suport requests for my site to the person who claims to have built it 🙂

versailles
Community Member

The people who claim they built your site, are they located in the same continent?

There is a lot of fake profiles in web dev, they tend to display some common characteristics...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
18cd772d
Community Member

this is upwork like anyhting there are scammers everywhere

Latest Articles
Learning Paths