🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Mutual agreement to end contract for half...
Page options
e640db07
Community Member

Mutual agreement to end contract for half-pay: how to pay?

My free-lancer and I have agreed to cancel the contract and that I will pay her half of the price of the first milestone (deep dissatisfaction with the delivered first milestone product and repeated delays were the reasons to end the contract). How can she or I change the amount of the contract or do I just cancel the contract? If the latter, then how do I pay her?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Is there a screen after Approve & Pay but before actually paying where I can change the amount?"

Yes.

Sorry that the interface is unnerving. But that is what you need to do in order to get money back. You need to click the button to get to the screen where you edit the amount.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

When you go to release the milestone you will have the option to edit the amount. You can release only half the milestone. Then you will need to cancel the contract and in doing so you will request a refund of the remaining half of the funds in escrow. 

Thanks for your quick response. When I go to the milestone the only options I see are Request Changes and Approve & Pay. But I worry that if I select Approve & Pay I thereby pay the full amount. Is there a screen after Approve & Pay but before actually paying where I can change the amount?

re: "Is there a screen after Approve & Pay but before actually paying where I can change the amount?"

Yes.

Sorry that the interface is unnerving. But that is what you need to do in order to get money back. You need to click the button to get to the screen where you edit the amount.

ty, it worked

Latest Articles
Learning Paths