🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: My Client is Away
Page options
youst92
Community Member

My Client is Away

Hello,

I did a job for a client and he didn't pay me yet. I texted him and he said that he is away for a couple of days and can't login to Upwork in the mean time. The real issue here that there's an Orange mark "Away" beside his name.

So, my question is how long has it been to get that mark? because I think he's just making excuses for not paying

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Youstina,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days (11 more days in this case) from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Is it an hourly contract? If so, then if your hours were entered (via the desktop tracker or manually), you will get paid on the regular schedule (assuming conditions were met for each of those transaction types).

Is it a fixed-price contract? If so, then if you used the 'submit work' button, funds in escrow for that milestone will be transferred to you after 14 days or when the client approves the payment, whichever comes first.

Hello Phyllis, Thank you for your comments.

It's a fixed- price contract and I submitted my request 3 days ago. Will the money be transferred after 14 days without the need for the client's approval?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Youstina,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days (11 more days in this case) from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
youst92
Community Member

Thank you,

The article was very helpful. I was looking for that.

Youstina,

If you started the 14 day clock by using the "Submit" button on the project page, you should do nothing else and wait for payment by Upwork automatically on the 14th day or earlier if the client releases it sooner.

DO NOT re-submit the work unless you and the client agree more work needs to be done for this milestone. When you re-submit the same milestone, the 14-day clock re-starts.

If there are more milestones under this contract, don't start work on the next milestone until you are paid for the work you have submitted. This can be an incentive for a client to release payment before the 14-day period has passed.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths