🐈
» Forums » Clients » My Positing got removed
Page options
1d4112b8
Community Member

My Positing got removed

Hey everyone,

my posting. got removed after 5 minutes because "your job mainly involves agency recruiting.".

The thing is it. doesn't.

We are looking for a freelancer for FB marketing... Can someone tell me what triggered the removal? I've included a screenshot of the original posting.

**Edited for community guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
colettelewis
Community Member

Henri H wrote:

Hey everyone,

my posting. got removed after 5 minutes because "your job mainly involves agency recruiting.".

The thing is it. doesn't.

We are looking for a freelancer for FB marketing... Can someone tell me what triggered the removal? I've included a screenshot of the original posting.

**Edited for community guidelines**

The Upwork police have inappropriately pounced on the word "agency".  Change it to something else. 

Delete "Our agency... media is specialized in" and put: "We specialize in social media marketing ... "

Henri:

Nichola is correct... there are words and phrases that trigger AUTOMATED algorithms.

These may flag job postings for review or they may cause job postings to be blocked automatically.

So don't take it personally. It doesn't mean that a human being thought you were doing something wrong.

The name of the agency is contact information. You're not allowed to include that in the job posting, especially now when the rule is the initial communication has to stay on the platform.

JoanneP

Hi Henri,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team reached out to you to provide more information about why your job post was removed. Please refer to the information they shared with you so that you can post a job again, and if you need further assistance, feel free to follow-up on your ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1d4112b8
Community Member

They said: "We recently learned that your job post was requesting unpaid work from a freelancer, which is against our Terms of Service.
Unpaid work includes requests for sample work related to the job post, free advertising, charitable work, agency recruiting,"

But I'm not even interested in unpaid work. In fact we specifically state that we want to pay on a per campaign base... Pls Help

Hi Henri,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket with more information. Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths