🐈
» Forums » Clients » My account got suspended for no reason.
Page options
aravinda145
Community Member

My account got suspended for no reason.

Hi,

I am new to upwork and when i was creating a posting for content writing job for my website. In the middle of the process of posting a job i was asked to enter payment details and i linked my paypal account as my payment method. Once it linked and job posted, $29.99 got deducted from my account for no reason. In few minutes later on i got a message saying that my account is suspended and after few minutes i got another email saying that my account is on hold and asked me to contact support. There is no way i can contact support with that account as i cannot even logging to account. So i had to post this issue with my old account. Please help me out to figure out what went wrong with the account and a way to resolve this issue as i couldnt get my work done and lost $29.99 for no reason.

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Aravinda,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please note that the freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts, so we can assist you with re-gaining access to your original account and closing the one you created to reach out to us.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola S,

Thank you for replying to this issue.I already sent you the necessary details to your inbox.  I have created that new account only for posting jobs (Client) not as a freelancer. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Aravinda

The NO REASON is a cruel mistress.

Aravinda R wrote:

I have created that new account only for posting jobs (Client) not as a freelancer

which is not allowed. If you want to be both a client and a freelancer, you need to add the client functions to your existing account so client and freelancer are both on the same account.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths