🐈
» Forums » Clients » My account was put on hold for no reason
Page options
egeozhan
Community Member

My account was put on hold for no reason

Hi, my account has been put on hold for viotaling terms and conditions and a ticket was issued. I havent violated anything therefore I wrote them that I did not thus asked for a lift on my hold. I couldnt get an answer for over 24 hours and It's causing me time loss because I'm in a rush. Could anyone please help me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ege, 

I understand how this can be frustrating for you, Ege. A support ticket is automatically closed by the system if it doesn't receive a response in a certain amount of time. Even if the ticket is closed, you can respond to the same ticket thread. This will reopen the ticket and will go to the team's queue. Kindly reply to Ticket #28330844 so that the issue with your account can be resolved.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ege:
I understand that you did not violate any rules.

What do you think the reason was that your account was put on hold?

If you had to guess... what would be the top three things you think are the most likely reasons that Upwork thought you were doing something problematic?

I wanted someone to solve some example mathematics(statistics) questions for me so I can study for my online upcoming exam. Maybe they thought I shared the actual questions of the exam and put me on hold, thats okay, i understand that but then they were unresponsive for over a day when I'm clearly in need of time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ege,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
egeozhan
Community Member

Thank you Bojan, you can see an update on my previous entry.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ege, 

I apologize for the delay. I have followed up with the team handling your case so that you can be assisted further through your open ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
egeozhan
Community Member

Hi,

as i posted on my last topic my account was put on hold, even though I didnt not violate anything. When I no more needed the service from upwork i decided to just accept it and just get over with it as soon as possible so i can focus on applying some other job offers.

I apologized and said it wont happen again, then the customer support let me know that i have to find the violated term in TOS and point it out and say i wont do it again.

Before i even got to do it they marked the ticket as SOLVED and suspended my account.

is that really solving an issue?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ege, 

I understand how this can be frustrating for you, Ege. A support ticket is automatically closed by the system if it doesn't receive a response in a certain amount of time. Even if the ticket is closed, you can respond to the same ticket thread. This will reopen the ticket and will go to the team's queue. Kindly reply to Ticket #28330844 so that the issue with your account can be resolved.

~ Avery
Upwork
egeozhan
Community Member

Thank you Avery.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths