cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account

Engrid G Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
1 of 4

I arranged to pay freelancers a fixed price but yet I am seeing more money debited from my account. When I put money is escrow, Is it taken out of my credit card more than once/

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Engrid G wrote:

I arranged to pay freelancers a fixed price but yet I am seeing more money debited from my account. When I put money is escrow, Is it taken out of my credit card more than once/

Have you verified your credit card? The other charges might be the refundable verification charges.

Check the contract with the freelancer, it will show you the transactions associated with it (but not the verification charges) 

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
3 of 4

There is a 2.75% fee on each payment. This is charged by upwork and is different from any other charge you may be paying to your financial institution for currency  markup  fee etc

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Engrid,

I can confirm your card was charged only once for the payment you released today to your freelancer. I assume you're looking at the funding request and the released payment entry, which are shown as two different transactions but refer to the single amount your card was charged for earlier, when the Milestone was created. Please go to your account > click the Reports tab > Transactions > and let me know if you have any questions.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS