🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My client account was unsuspended but my ...
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568
smartpaper
Community Member

They did and resolved the problem

Thanks, Nikola!

c6663a68
Community Member

On the 27th of January, I got an email from Upwork that they are suspending my Account due to "noticed some irregular activity on your account."

But it's a MISTAKE. I have never shared my Upwork account with anyone else. Also, I passed the verification call with the support agent and provided documents: passport and bank statements. Support said me I need to wait 24-48 hours after the verification call.

Now, passed more than 48 hours and I still have a suspended account I can't get money for withdrawal or submit any proposals.

And I know that sometimes Upwork support can be too strict and they will not take into consideration all my UpWork history and achievements there, that's why I am asking for help here.

I am working with Upwork since 2022, for this time I have got a Top Rated Plus badge, earned more than 60k$, and logged 1k+ hours there!
Right now I have 6 projects in Progress and clients who are waiting for my reply and who want to continue our cooperation.

I am working with UpWork, building my business, and serving my clients with the best quality service.

I ask the management of Upwork to take into consideration my request and help me unblock my account.
Please, help, and take this situation under your control.

My support ticket id - #38793978

UPD: I haven't got any answers for 5 days from support. I just see how my ticket change status each time from "Open" to "Awaiting".

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c6663a68
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you so much! Much appreciated 😊

c6663a68
Community Member

Hi Nicola,

Passed 1 more day and I haven't got any response from support. I'm waiting about 1 week(

Hi Anthony, I am sorry your account got suspended.

It's been over 2 months since your last message here,

. Just out of curiosity, is your account active again, or it's still suspended? 

You can check yourself. Open his profile. You will see "This profile is no longer available."

Omds!

So he won't be allowed on Upwork again??

I am new to Upwork my account got suspended yesterday, apparently, I violated the TOS. I am worried i might not get the account back

NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4236e2c0
Community Member

pless my account active pless 

6dc8b154
Community Member

Hi Nikola

Ca you kindly look into my ticket I am having a new agent reply to my open ticket every time I send/request an update. It is getting really hard to follow up on my account's progress. And time has lapsed already.

962c4855
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am having the same issue. I cannot find any support ticket. My account is suspended due to failed billing method, and I've now submitted a payment successfully.

Can you help?

Hi Tyler,

Could you please check your email inbox? You should have received a notification about the ticket there on June 22nd. You can reply to that email in order to reach the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
e40fc5ee
Community Member

Hi Andrea - Can you please help me? My account has also been suspended. There are funds in my account that I cannot transfer to my bank account. I have tickets in, but nobody ever responds from UPWORK. I am so frustrated with trying to get some help and UPWORK is holding up not only my payment but my ability to continue a contract. This is my livelihood.

881421a3
Community Member

I have the same issue

Hi Kevin,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

no one assisted me, I've been waiting for hours

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and they have already reached out to you on your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I haven't received any email, its been 5 hours now

Hi Pardeep - Can you please help me? My account has also been suspended. There are funds in my account that I cannot transfer to my bank account. I have tickets in, but nobody ever responds from UPWORK. I am so frustrated with trying to get some help and UPWORK is holding up not only my payment but my ability to continue a contract. This is my livelihood.

Hi Annie Jane B - Can you please help me? My account has also been suspended. There are funds in my account that I cannot transfer to my bank account. I have tickets in, but nobody ever responds from UPWORK. I am so frustrated with trying to get some help and UPWORK is holding up not only my payment but my ability to continue a contract. This is my livelihood.

Hi Amy,

We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Thank you for posting in the community!

~ Grace

Hi Glicelle

None of my support tickets have been responded to in over a week. How else can I get actual assistance?

Amy

I have same issue please help me out,where is the email?

e16b8b98
Community Member

hey thanks for reply but the link you gave is a broken link and i have no email from upwork about this?

e16b8b98
Community Member

i do see a ticket from them, i did a small project for a friend and i didnt see their ticket item, and its now market as SOLVED but my account is still suspended?

Hi Dragan,

Please check your registered email for a corresponding email sent by our support team. You can respond to the said email and it should reopen the ticket and direct it to them.

~ AJ
Upwork
e1240fae
Community Member

i submitted the ID for verification and my account got suspended profile link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0140ec1fdb3bbc9aaf

839657f0
Community Member

Hi Nikola,
I'm writing this after much frustration and wait. My husband made his account under the name of "Dr. Abdurrehman" (https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0181d0120e1d4c4ed0) as he is a doctor and he wanted his future clients to know that when he applies for a job. However, when Upwork asked for ID verification, he came to know that his profile name should match the name on his ID card. So he changed the name on his profile same as his ID card "Abdur Rehman". Even though the name on his profile changed, whenever he applied for ID verification, they still asked for ID under the name "Dr. Abdurrehman". We contacted Upwork Support multiple times but received no answer. Finally, Upwork suspended his account and he lost two clients. We immediately appealed (#42381119and were promised to receive a response from the Upwork team in 24 to 48 hours. It's been about a week now and still haven't received a reply yet. Suspended accounts cannot post anything on the community and you cannot have more than one account, therefore, we didn't have any other choice except for me to post on this thread. I am also aware that you cannot reveal information about another account to someone else. Therefore, all I'm asking is that you reply to his own account and kindly speed up the process. We have absolutely no idea what to do and it is getting very frustrating waiting for a response. Hope I'll get a response over here.

e4a6a521
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I'll be expecting a prompt response from your team as it is already my 8th day of reaching out. Hope you understand. Thank you. 

My Upwork account was suspended a few days back because I violated a transaction( unknowingly). The support team is unresponsive now. Please kindly help

Hey, do you how to connect their support team? 

My identity verification is taking too long (more than 10 days) still getting pop-up that my identity is being verified.

Hi Numan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0e69a743
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

I am now having the same issue. It says my account has been suspended even though I've never used the account and it's telling me to contact customer support. I cannot seem to get in contact with anyone to help me. Are you able to please help? 

Thanks,

Pam 

Hi Pamela,

I can see that you've been coordinating with the team about the status of your account via email, and a support ticket has been set up. They have provided you with more information and instructions on resolving the issue with your account. They are now waiting for your response to proceed. You may access your ticket on this page or your email for this information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Nikola

it has been 3 weeks now that I am going back and forth with the support team and the community forum to have the restriction removed from my account. My client and I have provided everything that we were asked for and still even 4 days after the entire (very long) verification process has been completed by my client, my account is still restricted. I really need to withdraw my money. And it's getting very problematic for me now. Can you please look into it? Thank you 

Hi Ayesha,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I already followed up with the team handling your ticket. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Nikola

My account has been suspened too. I contact the Upwork team, and it has been like a month without any respond from the team. So I dont even know what the problem is. I have contacted upwork a few times and still have not heard anything regarding my issue. Please can someone help. Thanks

Hi Cheng,

I am responding on behalf of Nikola. I checked this account that you're using to post here in the community, and I don't see any limitations on your account. Are you referring to a different account? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths