🐈
» Forums » Clients » My client"s account was suspended
Page options
sehar-arif-malik
Community Member

My client"s account was suspended

Hi,

I don't understand the reason?

Few days ago a client wanted to hire me. he contacted me via Pinterest. I suggested him to hire me via upwork. He created account on upwork and sent me offer. we discussed the project but there are some missing details related to work. So, I didn't accept his offer.

Now he again contacted me via pinterest and said that upwork suspended his account. I also said him to contact customer support But he can't access.

He said the reason  shown in email is:

That he contacted a freelancer to pay outside.

He just contacted me according to him. And in my chat room he didn't mention anything like that. instead of contacting me outside I bring him here and he sent me offer and tried to hire me on upwork.

I have his offer still pending.

What is going on?

I brought a client and he really want the work done via upwork.

What wrong with the system.

I have the proof of pinterest messages where I said him to hire me on upwork.

He just posted same job 2 to 3 times he mentioned in conversation.he mentioned in conversation.

That's very bad that he really wanted to use and hire me via upwork and your automated system suspended his account.

Please let me know if you can help him in this regard.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Sehar Arif,

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to locate the client account you're referring to and followed up with the team. They have updated the support request they have with the client. Your client should be able to send a new offer now and proceed with setting up the contract.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused by this situation.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sehar:
I am sorry to hear about your situation.

It sounds like Upwork misunderstood what was going on. I hope they will work with you to rectify the situation.

What should I do with offer?

How can he contact upwork support?

Edited:

He withdrew the offer and angry because he couldn't get the job done and wasted his $10 payment processing fee too.

Edited:

On my request he called upwork support and They said him to write a statement about not to pay outside via upwork.

Will they reinstate his account or not? If he will do that?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Sehar Arif,

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to locate the client account you're referring to and followed up with the team. They have updated the support request they have with the client. Your client should be able to send a new offer now and proceed with setting up the contract.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused by this situation.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks.

please let me know that will your this automated system also suspend me due to this error? 

Normally if a client account suspends due to Outside payment suspects, upwork also suspends freelancer's account.

If so, Please check If your automated system scheduled any this kind of suspension email for me also?

Your automated system is dangerous.

Thanks.

I am curious.

Thanks.

Sehar Arif,

I understand your concern. Please rest assured that accounts aren't put on hold unless there is a valid reason or there is something that needs to be investigated and clarified. I checked and do not see any issues with your account at the moment. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K

Thank you so much for your support. I was really concerned about my account too.

Thanks for confirmation. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks Again.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths