🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: My client wants to add me as Hiring Manag...
Page options
ammenmacon_09
Community Member

My client wants to add me as Hiring Manager to his Client account

My client wanted to add me as the Hiring manager on his Client account. 

Which email should I give in? Does it mean I have to give him my personal Upwork account? 

Appreciate answers. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Does it mean I have to give him my personal Upwork account?"

No.

You don't log into his Upwork account.

He doesn't log into your Upwork account.

You are a member of his team with delegated authority.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063368-Add-or-Remove-Team-Members

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Does it mean I have to give him my personal Upwork account?"

No.

You don't log into his Upwork account.

He doesn't log into your Upwork account.

You are a member of his team with delegated authority.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063368-Add-or-Remove-Team-Members

emiguelina
Community Member

My client is trying to add me as a Team Member, she has sent the invitation three times, well the first one does not count because it was sent to the wrong email and this was the only invite that I did receive (the wrong one 😫 !!!).

1) Is Upwork having problems with emails? 2) Is my client's issue?  3) Do I have to create a support ticket? 4) Does my client have to? 5) Can you help me?

Hi Elba,

Could you please check your junk/spam folder in case the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork

Sorry I did not mention before, but yes, I've been checking my junk/spam folder, nothing there, eventhough I added upwork.com as safe domain, in order not to miss an email.

Hi Elba,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
emiguelina
Community Member

I was waiting for an email that never arrived, but today when I saw my client's job post I saw it slightest different

See pic 

upwork.png

So that's it !!!, without an email or a notification, Am I good to go?

ETA: I spoke or wrote way too fast, see below:

upwork 2.png

ezrahz
Community Member

Hello, Maria. Is the issue solved now? I'm having a similar case right now. I wonder how did you do it. Thanks!

Hi Ezra, please refer to the answer from Preston H. It's on the top of this thread I guess. 
Your client would be the one to add you as a member of his team, then delegate you as the hiring person. 

Hope this helps.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths