cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contractor has too many jobs

Highlighted
Mark R Member Since: Jan 23, 2011
11 of 39
Thank you for additional input. I may have found my freelancer. He already designed a really good logo and is working on the front page layout & GUI. I really thought about the problems I was having and realized it isn't any different than my normal hiring process. I've literally hired more than 300 people in my lifetime. And, fired a bunch too. I wasn't HR for a big company or anything like that, but I've run businesses most of my life. Anyway, I have interviewed people, hired and fired them in a few weeks sometimes. They weren't qualified for the job as they said, didn't show up on time or they hassled the other employees. When I found odesk I thought it was the greatest ever and I still do. I just need to do my research, find the best candidate, take a chance and cut my losses if it doesn't work out. At least I can see if they pass the tests that odesk gives them. I used to put a math test on my application just to see if their brain works. Odesk tests are much better. My son went to work for a famous donut place and they had the best math question. Question: If you are supplying donuts for a party of 50 people and each person eats 1.5 donuts, how many donuts do you need? Best Answer: 100 Donuts. Who takes 1/2 a donut? My son got it right and got the job out of 150 people.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
12 of 39
No wonder America has an obesity problem.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
13 of 39
You left for a country much more suited to your lack of humor.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
14 of 39
Britain has humour. It just usually takes Americans a bit longer to understand it. You didn't, love.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
15 of 39
[quote=Marcia Malory]Britain has humour. It just usually takes Americans a bit longer to understand it. You didn't, love.[/quote] Americans can't even spell it Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue Relax, it was humour...
Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 39
I have never seen the point of trying to "get" things that are not funny, Eh, I guess you have to be "US-Born" to get it Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
17 of 39
***** *[Removed by Admin]
Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 39
That the OP asked for suggestions as to how to find contractors-on this platform for this project. Posting your details and saying "this is what I charge ect" is not allowed, but since all of our profiles can be seen by clicking on our name, simply saying that you are available is in fact allowed. I have a great person tht can help the OP, in fact, site launch is their business, but since that person is not on Odesk, I dont mention it, but you dont see me complaining right? Instead, just offer good advice to this obviously good client (and we know how small in number those are here) and help him make the most of this platform, that is what the forum is for, not for acting childish. So...put those sour grapes in the blender, make a margarita and relax a bit.
Highlighted
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
19 of 39
Basically for part time I worked 10hours/week but , when I finished my task shorten than the given period, I just let the working week ended. Unless there is an additional task then I will track my time on it before the work week end. You mentioned about the reason of the power outage probably that is from the Philippines I think, because we've hit by the strongest typhoon in the world. About the working hours maybe if he can meets the deadline and work properly maybe, it's up to him/her whether to work in spread hours or once and for all. Kind Regards, Najie
Highlighted
DOREEN K Member Since: Jan 3, 2013
20 of 39
Hello, I have seen and heard many of you have got jobs here, I have never been offered a job on odesk and would love to get one. Can anyone refer me to any please?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS