Highlighted
matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
31 of 39
It's obviously against forum rules to post business names Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
32 of 39
yes names, but you can state what you do without listing your company name, if in fact it does exist.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
33 of 39
$3000 dollar jobs have a huge impact on a profile. What is wrong with asking for a new one to be opened to have the feedback. You better damn well believe I certainly would. That can give 4 or 5 points on a profile if the work is excellent and 5 star quality. No one in their right mind would not request to have a new job opened for each $3000 dollar job.
Highlighted
Community Guru
34 of 39
On the feedback thing, yes, you're right in the respect that it is still feedback blackmail and it is wrong. But, remember, it does happen on both ends of the spectrum. However, any experienced client or contractor knows that it is futile. You still won't know what you're left until you finally see it. Now, on to the mention you made of contractors asking for jobs to be closed for feedback. If I had a job that was for $250.00 and the client wanted additional work for a second phase after the first was completed, of course I'd ask them if they would mind opening a new job. Especially if it is a fixed price. Feedback and experience helps a contractors profile, PERIOD. There is absolutely nothing wrong with requesting a new job to be opened if the first was completed. Now, if the first job was only $5.00 or even $50.00, and the second round of work is just doing more of the same, it is a little redundant to keep opening jobs, yes. However, it is the contractors right to ask, and there is nothing illegal, immoral, or shady as you'd like to say about it. I don't see the issue with opening and closing jobs. If a client wants a contractor to stay working with them for a long period they could open an hourly job that would keep them on staff indefinitely. Makes more sense.
Highlighted
35 of 39
[quote=Misty Keith] Feedback and experience helps a contractors profile, PERIOD. There is absolutely nothing wrong with requesting a new job to be opened if the first was completed. [/quote] That's the point, it's the same exact project. Sorry, clients are not here to give repeat feedback for the same project over and over again. As well, they shouldn't feel pressured into doing it either. Let's not pretend this doesn't happen, I know it does and so does Odesk Smiley Happy The fact that you are trying to justify any of this makes me curious.
Highlighted
Community Guru
36 of 39
You're barking up the wrong tree there.... Read what I SAID. If someone had a job for $3000, the job gets completed, yet the client wants them to do another following the same format, then BY GOLLY, open a new job. That is going to be a benefit, and the goal is to benefit from the experience. There is nothing wrong with repeat rewards. NOTICE, I didn't say small jobs. You mentioned $3000 jobs, and you in fact mentioned 5 of them. That is what I pointed out. Don't come to me saying you're now "curious". My profile clearly shows I do hourly jobs more than any fixed. I have stayed on these earning upwards of $8,000 just for one. So, leave your assumptions at your own doorstep. You are clearly irritating everyone. Remember this, before you walk away with some form of bruised ego. Your opinion isn't carved in stone. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you get what you want. It doesn't mean you're right either. Smiley Sad Really, really starting to grate on my last nerve.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
37 of 39
he cant read dear, he actually is just a oDesk troll that posts whatever he wants without actually responding to the post he is replying to. Even his orginial reply on this thread has nothing to do with what the OP was talking about :/ Lets google him and send him something in the mail Smiley Happy HRH
Highlighted
38 of 39
I'm a troll because I'm a threat to what you'll be paid? Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
39 of 39
I seriously doubt that you'd be any threat. You can campaign all you want, you could flood the threads with your reasoning, bottom line exceptional Contractors, Employees, Suppliers regardless where they are can and will command premium rates/price/compensation and there will always be Intelligent Clients/buyers with right business sense who are willing to pay. Why? Because they are happy, satisfied, cost efficient, convenient and more.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS