🐈
» Forums » Clients » My credit card is still being charged each we...
Page options
b8d7f80c
Community Member

My credit card is still being charged each week even though the contract ended.

I ended a project with the freelancer and my card is still being charged. I am unable to reach anyone on the phone. This is disappointing and frustrating. The freelancer isn’t even making claims yet, my card is still being charged.
9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

The reason why you see this charge is because you have added a Recurring Weekly Payment ("Salary.") on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer.

Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the salary amount they have received. 

We'll also have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fayyazn79
Community Member

I have hired a freelancer and he done my work and now contract has been ended but i still being charged. how can i stop it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fayyaz,

On an hourly contract, your Freelancer log hours and you're automatically billed for them. On Monday you were invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your freelancers' Work Diaries and Recurring Weekly Payment ("Salary") you have added on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer. Your default billing method was charged automatically. If there's an issue, you have until Friday to file a dispute. Click here to learn more about the weekly billing cycle.

At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the salary amount they have received. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b8d7f80c
Community Member

I am frustrated because i am being charged for a contract that is no longer active. Please refund and stop charging my card!

lysis10
Community Member

This happens when the freelancer has hours logged right after the cutoff and you close the contract. You still get charged the following Monday for the previous week after the contract is closed. I find this often confuses clients and they ask why they were charged.

b8d7f80c
Community Member

I requested a refund. Can you guarantee that there will be no additional charges since the contract has been ended? My freelancer has told me it takes 10 days for the money to appear her account. Is this correct?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

One of our agents reached out to you already with more information regarding your concern and is awaiting your response. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b8d7f80c
Community Member

I don’t see a ticket or information there.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please try using this link and let us know if it worked? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths