🐈
» Forums » Clients » My freelancer is missing
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

My freelancer is missing

Hello,

I tried to contact to my freelancer by any means, but I was not able to reach them as if their internet is dead or the person just went missing.

I want to ask upwork's agent to contact her, but I was not able to find any upwork's agent can be reached to.

Please help me, I need this urgently  !

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tour,

Please send me a PM with the freelancer name or the Contract ID and our team will contact him from our end as well, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, I have the same problem. Getting no reply from my freelancer for going on three weeks. Can you or Upwork confirm is she's still working? Thanks! Vicki

Hello Vicki,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with your freelancer shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

re: "I tried to contact to my freelancer by any means, but I was not able to reach them as if their internet is dead or the person just went missing. I want to ask upwork's agent to contact her, but I was not able to find any upwork's agent can be reached to. Please help me, I need this urgently"

Your situation sounds like it depends too much on a stranger you hired through the Internet.

As a practical matter, would you benefit from having more than one person on your team who can handle this task?

@Preston H wrote:

Your situation sounds like it depends too much on a stranger you hired through the Internet.

Yeah and also the fact that you need a goldsmith but since they are too expensive  you hire a blacksmith, or a gunsmith or a horseshoesmith.....or any smith.

They all are alike.  They all have a furnace, an anvil and a hammer.

@Vicki M wrote:

Goran, I have the same problem. Getting no reply from my freelancer for going on three weeks. Can you or Upwork confirm is she's still working? Thanks! Vicki

Why a client would wait 3 weeks for a reply from a freelancer is beyond me. After a week I would just have closed the contract. But I'm not a very patient woman...

That said, the Upwork messages are not always working as they should. Today I saw a message a client sent me the 8th! No desktop notification, no email or nothing. I only saw it because I was chatting with another client. Luckily it was a client I had worked with for a long time, and if it was urgent she would probably have sent me an email. But this is not the first time this has happened. Once I lost out on a job because of this whole no notification thing. The client hired someone else when I didn't reply for 2 weeks, as he just assumed I wasn't interested. Understandably...

I think it's about time that Upwork fixes the message system they have... Maybe the clients freelancers are not missing at all, they might just not get the messages. (Assuming they are using the Upwork chat.)