🐈
» Forums » Clients » My freelancer is the worst ever.
Page options
40af80d6
Community Member

My freelancer is the worst ever.

My freelance is is very rude! we talked through zoom yesterday and she gave me some advices regarding my resume that I didn't need (you can check that I already fixed it in Upwork before) after that she started guiding me on how can I answer the questions attached. I stopped her and told her that I don't need you to guide me since I know how to write it but I don't have time to do that's why I posted it her. She got very angry that I took from her time and that's what she understood from my post. Although my budget is only 20$ she said she can do it but I have to pay more and she won't cancel the contract since I already took from her time. I told her that I'm paying 30$ just for her to finish it since I already took from her time as she said. she told me that's ok and closed the meeting while I'm talking!!!!! Today morning she sent me a msg here that she won't do anything and will open a dispute if I didn't pay her work that I didn't benefit from at all 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Deema A wrote:

My freelance is is very rude! we talked through zoom yesterday and she gave me some advices regarding my resume that I didn't need (you can check that I already fixed it in Upwork before) after that she started guiding me on how can I answer the questions attached. I stopped her and told her that I don't need you to guide me since I know how to write it but I don't have time to do that's why I posted it her. She got very angry that I took from her time and that's what she understood from my post. Although my budget is only 20$ she said she can do it but I have to pay more and she won't cancel the contract since I already took from her time. I told her that I'm paying 30$ just for her to finish it since I already took from her time as she said. she told me that's ok and closed the meeting while I'm talking!!!!! Today morning she sent me a msg here that she won't do anything and will open a dispute if I didn't pay her work that I didn't benefit from at all 🙂

Deema, 

I have flagged your post, because whatever the rights or wrongs are about the job you posted and awarded, the freelancer is threatening you, which is against Upwork's terms of service. I hope a moderator will be able to help you. 

40af80d6
Community Member

Can I cancel contract without paying her? or at least changing the free-lancer 

Can you cancel a contract without paying?

You haven't given us enough details. So the correct answer is: maybe.

One thing you can not do is switch a milestone payment directly to a different freelancer. That is not an option.

But you may be able to get a full refund and have that money in your account and then use that money to pay another freelancer.

If you have funded a fixed-price contract and you want to cancel it without paying, then the EASIEST way to do that is to communicate with the freelancer first. Briefly tell her that you have changed your mind and would like to go in a different direction, and ask her if she would be willing to give you a full refund, and in return she will not need to do any work on the project. Then, after she tells you that she agrees to the refund, you close the contract. Edit the dollar amount to be released to the freelancer. Change it to zero and finalize closing the contract. Then she will click a button to agree to the refund request and you will automatically get all of the escrow money back.

Of course it doesn't make sense to do that if she has already done the work.

JoanneP

Hi Deema,

I'm so sorry to hear about how this freelancer has treated you. I have requested the assistance of our team regarding this issue. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths