cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My freelancer's account was suspended after he finished the job?!

Highlighted
Ehab Ahmed S Member Since: Jun 1, 2017
1 of 11

Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem here, I hired a freelancer for a software job but in the middle of the contract upwork suspended his account, sent me an email that he has history of not completing jobs and refunded my initial payment.

He was already almost done with my job, he requested to deal else where but I insisted that we do it here, so he made another account and verified it and got the job done and paid fully on his new account.

Upwork again suspended his new account (don't know why) and again refunded the money. And of course now he wants to get paid outside.

I can pay him no problem but don't want this to affect my Upwork profile especially that I also have a freelancer account alongside my client account, and I would like to know how can I withdraw the refunded money as the refund was issued to my account not to my visa. Or maybe can I transfer those to my freelancer account for later use.

I issued a support ticket yesterday with no response..

Thank You,

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 11

After being suspended once he shouldn't have created another account - you're only allowed to have one account on Upwork, and creating a second one for whatever reason (but especially to circumvent suspension) is a violation of the ToS. That's why he got suspended again. 

Before you go to CS to try to sort out the payment, sort out your own freelancer profile because it breaks the rules too - your profile pic, the fact that you clearly offer the services of a team on your individual profile...

3 of 11

Yes I understand that but my I had my account since I was on ELance and either way It's practically inactive as I'm not taking any jobs.. I'll sure sort it out before starting again..

Thanks,

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 11

Hi Ehab Ahmed, 

I can see that the team has already responded to your ticket and we hope that you follow their advice. If there is anythign else we can help you with, please let us know.

-Avery
Untitled
5 of 11

Ok understood, but now how can I withdraw the money on my client account or perhaps transfer it to my freelancer account?

Thank you,

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 11

Hi Ehab,

Please check the reply I posted on the other thread you started recently.

7 of 11

Got it Smiley Happy Thanks

8 of 11

One thing, does this mean that the money I have on my client account is stuck there? can't I withdraw them?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 11

Hi Ehab,

You can contact Customer Support and our team will assist you with sending your available funds to your billing method. You can also keep them on your account and use them to funds Escrow next time you hire a freelancer.

10 of 11

Done.. Thanks Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS