🐈
» Forums » Clients » My friend created a profile and I wan't to hi...
Page options
canmarketing
Community Member

My friend created a profile and I wan't to hire her but Invite button on active

Hi,

She set up a profile at: **Edited for community guidelines**

But the invite button is not active. She is new to upwork and created the profile last week. 

I have work for her now and the project is getting delayed. What can we do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with hiring this freelancer. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My friend created a profile and I wan't to hire her but Invite button on active"

David:
It is not Upwork's intention that you hire your friend.

Upwork is used by clients to find, hire and pay freelancers in remote locations.
Upwork does not want you to use Upwork to try to get your friend's freelancer profile on Upwork kickstarted.

Maybe you could get away with something like that.

Or maybe Upwork will terminate your account AND your friend's account.

I've worked with over 100 freelancers over the past 10 years, back to when it was elance. Eventually,  after a 100 freelancers the probability of finding a suitable friend to work with is incredibly high.

Please keep the responces helpful.
timefighter11
Community Member

She is your friend. Simply text her to do a job for you. Its way better and economical solution for her... Unless she want to build her portfolio with unfair means and you are helping her out.

Muhammad Zeeshan is correct.

Upwork will be HAPPY to have you hire your friend.

But you don't need Upwork for that.

You didn't meet her through Upwork. You are not required to hire her through Upwork. In fact, hiring people to build up their profiles is an express violation of Upwork ToS, and it is something that Upwork has many undisclosed algorithms and techniques in use to look for.

I like using Upwork for tax complaince purposes. I am the director of a corporation and Upwork helps manage legal and taxation issues - that is worth the 10% fee. Unless you are a lawyer too, please don't bring up TOS compliance.

I like using Upwork for tax complaince purposes. I am the director of a corporation and Upwork helps manage legal and taxation issues - that is worth the 10% fee.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with hiring this freelancer. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. As I mentioned: I am the director of a corporation and Upwork is very good for legal and tax complaince purposes - that is woth the 10% fee.

Thank you again!

David

Latest Articles
Learning Paths