cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My proposals are archived!

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
71 of 322

Wasn't there mention of a client charge for utilizing these so called 'experts'?  If so - pity the poor conned buyers for paying for inaccurate algorithms.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
72 of 322

@Wendy C wrote:

Wasn't there mention of a client charge for utilizing these so called 'experts'?  If so - pity the poor conned buyers for paying for inaccurate algorithms.

I think an algorithm has a better chance of getting it right than an incompetent human.

Those people are removing near half the proposals.

In my case, on paper (and in the opinion of the client and mine as a super experienced freelancer who hardly ever applies) the job was a 100% match (or I would not have bothered) except for the budget.

What more do I have to do than keep a 100% JSS year in, year out, 97% client would recommend , 4.997 average star rating, nearly 14k hours, way over 500 k earned, to avoid some entry level clueless person to pluck my proposal from a job that was a 100% fabulous fit in the opinion of the client and myself and chuck it in the trash?

This needs to stop.

I agree clients get too many proposals. I really do.

So remove a third of the no-hoper and poor freelancers on the site and the problem is solved for years to come.

But don't you jolly well DARE allow unqualified minions to steal our work, time, and money. Just don't.

The only people in the archived folders should be those the client puts in there. That's it. If Upwork thinks it is a good way to spend their money to have those people "help" find freelancers, that is one thing. But for those incompetents to be trusted to remove our proposals is

**Edited for Community Guidelines** up beyond belief. 

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
73 of 322

Past week or two, I've getting "your application is declined" messages for every proposal I send. Imagine that clients all together decided to send declined messages. I never ever had more than 3 or 4 declined messages the whole time I've been working here. Go figure... I never applied to a job that I'm not 100% sure to complete with a full review. They are not filtering bad fits. They are filtering the excess after some number is reached. And I'm writing this again they are not doing this manually. There is not even a decent algorithm doing the screening. It's just a numbers game. Whoever is finding these brilliant ideas should be fired or if they are not fireable replaced immediately.

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
74 of 322

It would be a historic moment if a mod came and replied:

We tried something and couldn't see how it will affect freelancers and clients. We are sorry. This experiment is ended as of this minute.

Dream on...

Ace Contributor
Namita S Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
75 of 322

Now this is Devastating!

What a waste of our efforts, time, money (for buying connects) and creativity for writing proposals from scratch for the job posts we apply to...

And what about thousands of those who have NO CLUE of this experiment??

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
76 of 322

I sent this thread to a client (who is also a friend) who had recently complained about not receiving the calibre of bids they had come to expect. The person is furious. I don't normally air Upwork's  'dirty linen' in public but this behavior has such a negative impact on clients that I personally feel they deserve to know.

End of rant.  For the time being.

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
77 of 322

Holy crap! I had not read this thread before, thinking it was about some vexing nuance of housekeeping. Caught wind of it on another thread (thank you, Baris, for linking to this thread) and have now caught up. No wonder I have had zero responses to proposals lately, despite being incredibly selective about bidding.

This is wrong in all the ways and for all the reasons that have been stated. It's also incredibly, unutterably stupid and self-defeating on UW's part. They need to stop it right this minute.

Then, they need to stop approving profiles for anybody who can fog a mirror, and instead make new FLs qualify for the privilege of submitting proposals. (Everybody on the platform who hasn't earned a dollar yet should have to take the test before submitting any proposals, starting today.) Those who can't pass the qualifying exam can be offered the chance to pay for FL Boot Camp to get qualified. 

Meanwhile, I'm going to spend more time and attention than I'd planned this year, contemplating and strategizing for life after Upwork, because if whoever is running this joint doesn't stop screwing it up, the whole enterprise is going to founder.

Tanika T Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
78 of 322

i just came to know of this issue happening from another post where a client posted this? can anyone from upwork clarify if this is sorted ?

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/My-proposals-are-archived/m-p/547356#M39060

is this happening with every project that some proposals are archived automatically?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
79 of 322

@Tanika T wrote:

is this happening with every project that some proposals are archived automatically?

The answer to your question is in the post you linked.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
80 of 322

@Tanika T wrote:

i just came to know of this issue happening from another post where a client posted this? can anyone from upwork clarify if this is sorted ?

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/My-proposals-are-archived/m-p/547356#M39060

As Rene states - it's all there in that very long thread. If you're a client, chiming in on how this impacts your job posts (if it does) would be beneficial. The few clients who posted to that thread have not returned to comment, only us very upset freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS