🐈
» Forums » Clients » My team to review freelancers
Page options
0d8aefd7
Community Member

My team to review freelancers

How can I share candidates' profiles with my team, without having them see how much each candidate is charging for the job?
2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arietta,

Could you please clarify if by "how much each candidate is charging for the job" you're referring to the rate/budget freelancers submitted as part of their proposal to your job post? Also, do your team members have access to your job posts and would be reviewing/shortlisting freelancers from their proposals? In that case, you can't limit your team members from not seeing the proposed budget/rate a freelancer submitted while having permission to review proposals.

Please check this Help article to read more about the available permissions you can assign your team members and what they entail.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

This is an unusual question.

In most cases, the project lead assumes that the recruitment team SHOULD have access to payment information, such as each candidate's former pay levels and current hourly rate, as well as proposed quotes.

So perhaps you are talking about a situation in which current team members who are not purely management or recruiting personnel are helping to decide about hiring new team members who will be direct colleagues.

There is nothing inherently wrong with team members knowing how much other team members get paid. Many people really aren't interested in that kind of thing.

Bit if you want to avoid them knowing, then you can take screen shots of the candidates' profile pages and edit the screenshots so as to remove pay, earnings, and identifying information such as names, locations.

You could also arrange for meetings through communications tools such as Zoom or Skype, wherein team members have an opportunity to talk with and interview candidates, without linking to their Upwork accounts. You could personally participate in all such meetings, helping prevent team members from discussing payment/earning topics with candidates.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths