🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: NDA
Page options
b709f463
Community Member

NDA

Where can I (as a client) find Upwork's default non-disclosure terms?

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Denise,

The Upwork Terms of Service contain default non-disclosure terms which many clients consider sufficient for this purpose. It is acceptable for you as a client to request that a freelancer sign an external non-disclosure agreement (NDA) which can be included as one of the job terms on the platform. 

For more complex NDA needs, you can consider Upwork Enterprise and Compliance Services. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I went through the initial question and your answer. Thanks for this useful information.

However, I would have a different question: I was wondering if the information contained in a job post -before hiring any freelance-, is protected somehow, in case for example I am describing a revolutionary idea for which I want to hire freelance services. I suppose that's a common question but I couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards, 

Alejandro

Do not disclose any confidential information in a public job post. Save that information for either after you have secured a freelancer with a job contract or have executed a separate NDA prior. 

Thanks for your answer Scott!

I will take that into account, appreciate it.

Best regards,

Alejandro

Thank you for the great post and useful information.

patricks1
Community Member

Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, thank you very much.

mykfcexperience

Latest Articles
Learning Paths