cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Freelancer

Marcy R Member Since: Jul 15, 2017
1 of 5

Hi- We have a non responsive client who we have already paid ALOT of $ to and they are now not responding. We need help ASAP. At this point I jus tneed the full files so I can take to someone else to complete job. I need someone at UPWORK to help us here!

Evan S Member Since: Jul 15, 2017
2 of 5

I need the same help... The freelancer hasn't deployed all of their work and I have paid them a solid amount of money. Hasn't been responsisve for all most a week.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

re: "At this point I just need the full files so I can take to someone else to complete job."

re: "I need the same help... The freelancer hasn't deployed all of their work and I have paid them a solid amount of money. Hasn't been responsisve for all most a week."

Marcy/Evan:

I'm sorry to hear about the unprofessional and difficult freelancers you are working with. I am a freelancer on Upwork. I can tell you that the behavior of those freelancers is unacceptable.

I am not available for hire right now and I do not look for work in the Forum, but for future reference, let me tell you what I do, as a freelancer.

As soon as I start a contract with a new client, I set up a server where all of my work files on the project can be found. I do all my work on the server. I provide the clients with full, root-level access to the files. The clients have all the access that I have to the work I do on their behalf. They are welcome to access those files or review them or copy them to other locations any time they want.

So there is no way for me to keep any files from the clients. They have real-time access to all the work, all the time.

I encourage you to work with freelancers who will do this for you, and show you the same level of respect.

If you hire a freelancer on Upwork, all of the work the freelancer produces as part of the contract belongs to you. There should never be difficulties getting the files and work created by the freelancer. Those files don't belong to the freelancer. The files belong to the client who paid for them.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Marcy and Evan,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having on your contracts. I'll ask our team to reach out to you directly, review the contract details and advise on the options you have.

Please note that clients are strongly advised to release the payment only after reviewing the work their freelancer delivered, in case it's a Fixed-Price contract, and regularly review the time the freelancer is logging on their contract and closely follow the progress of their job if it's an Hourly contract, to avoid any delivery issues.

Ace Contributor
Handy R Member Since: Jul 14, 2017
5 of 5

I think if there is not completed yet the job,the freelancer can't receive the money yet

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS