🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need Support - I don't think my mesages are g...
Page options
50f02060
Community Member

Need Support - I don't think my mesages are getting through ?

I just joined the site and requested a freelancer for a job. I get several responses and picked one of the freelancers. I then sent a message to arrange a meeting and got ne response. After a day went by, I sent another message to a different freelancer. I git no response. Is there any way to talk with support ? Could I have been suspended for some reason ?

6 REPLIES 6
Community Member

Welcome new client! I've flagged your post to get the mods' attention.

ArjayM

Hi John,

I have checked and I can confirm that there's no restriction on your account. Please note that those freelancers should be notified if they have the app on their mobile devices and an email will be delivered to them as well. I can see that you've communicated with the appropriate team via chat regarding your concern and it looks like you've been assisted accordingly. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey John, contact a more expensive per Hour experienced Freelancer and the issue will be eliminated. I respond to most of my client messages within 2 hours and most professionals should. Have a great day!

Hi, William, I agree with your point, but I have something to say about all new freelancers. Here, I feel it's my first responsibility to answer the client's message within 6 hours. Clients hired us to get good service, so it's not like new freelancers are irrepressible. Some freelancers make others look like they are just like them.

Thanks 

d5402514
Community Member

From my experience, this is probably the issue with the freelancer. If you are reaching out to "new" freelancers, they're not in the habit to check their accounts often. Or if they see your budget and its too small/they change their mind, could also be a possibilty.

I would continue reaching out to other candidates. To top it off. upwork does have a bad notification system. I don't get alerts until 10-20 minutes later. And have to constantly refresh to get messages 

50f02060
Community Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths