🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need help choosing a category for a manuscrip...
Page options
e177f18a
Community Member

Need help choosing a category for a manuscript update

I don't work in InDesign, but I'm hoping to post a job to hire someone who can apply my PDF edits to the original InDesign file -- mostly text updates such as word replacements, sentence or paragraph deletions, simple formatting tweaks, etc.

I'm not in need of a writer or editor, and I don't think I need a graphic designer -- I'm simply looking for someone to make the actual text corrections. Unfortunately, I can't seem to identify the best category. Any suggestions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vsalinitro
Community Member

A graphic designer is your best bet, you need someone who can follow instructions and with a basic knowledge of Indesign (which is a standard for any graphic designer).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Categories are a lot less important than you might think.

If you provide a good job description, and select appropriate keywords/skills...

Then your job posting should garner useful proposals from qualified freelancers.

vsalinitro
Community Member

A graphic designer is your best bet, you need someone who can follow instructions and with a basic knowledge of Indesign (which is a standard for any graphic designer).

mtngigi
Community Member

Kim K wrote:

I don't work in InDesign, but I'm hoping to post a job to hire someone who can apply my PDF edits to the original InDesign file -- mostly text updates such as word replacements, sentence or paragraph deletions, simple formatting tweaks, etc.

I'm not in need of a writer or editor, and I don't think I need a graphic designer -- I'm simply looking for someone to make the actual text corrections. Unfortunately, I can't seem to identify the best category. Any suggestions?

Kim,
Valerio is correct, you want a graphic designer for this. When changes are made to text in a multi-page document, that affects the way the text flows, not only on that given page, but also how it flows from one page to the next, especially if the InDesign file was set up using linked text boxes. With linked text boxes, one little change creates a ripple effect to the pages that come after it. It's also helpful to mention what version of InDesign your file is in.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths