🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Need help to achieve more on upwork
Page options
xdtanmay
Community Member

Need help to achieve more on upwork

i am doing well on freelancer.com as a web developer but i am not getting any good oppurtunity to work with clients here no wants go give a cahnce to fresher where as i am not fresher in the IT fresher on upwork.Is there anyt one can give me best idea or work oppurtunity ?

Please help me 

2 REPLIES 2
ezzeldeenom
Community Member

Hey Tanmay,

I went over your profile, and it looks good to me.  Solid description, and great sense of humor!  Now, I haven't been here long enough to be an Upwork Guru, I only joined about 3 months ago, but I can tell you that it takes some time.  You'll be able to find those clients!  Use your connects wisely, and write great cover letters that are custom made for each job position - it really does give you credibility.  Also, it helps to build some sort of connection with your clients.  You don't have to be their best friend, you might just want to be a friend - a little joke within the line of work here or there, ask how their weekend was, wish them happy holidays, etc.

Maybe you do have some clients outside of Upwork, whom you can provide a link to your Upwork profile and they'd then come here and hire you?

It can get frustrating at times, I know.  But eventually you'll get those clients.  So far, the few clients I got are recurring.  They work with me, like my work, they come back with more work.  I'm still not where I'd like to be, but I believe that the snowball effect will kick in soon, and I'll have to adjust my availability with each project.  Let's hope that's the case for all of us!  

Keep your head high, sir.  We'll all get there!

Best,

O

emily_reactant
Community Member

1. Charge the going rate for the type of work you do. You might be new to Upwork, but you're not new to freelancing. Low rates can land you with low rate clients if you're not careful, and good clients will pay for quality.
  2. Do some more of the tests to show what you can do, especially ones like English language. Unlike Freelancer the tests on Upwork are free, and give you a chance to show your clients what you're competent with.
  3. Include (urgent OR immediate) at the end of your search strings. Clients can be more willing to try out freelancers that are new to Upwork if they have a deadline to meet. I found this was a great way to get the ball rolling when I was new.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths