🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to Extend the contract.
Page options
8cac4ae2
Community Member

Need to Extend the contract.

"" Your contract, has been idle on Upwork for more than 75 days after the last milestone deadline.
 Per the escrow instructions for fixed-price contracts and for your security, this contract will be closed on the platform in 14 days.
 When the contract is closed, a refund request (the funds still in escrow) will be sent to the freelancer.
 They will have 7 days to dispute this request.
Should you prefer that this contract remain open,
 take action here to keep job active for another 90 days. "" 
How do I resolve this.
4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipin, 

For legal reasons Upwork isn't able to keep funds indefinitely. That's why a fixed-price contract with funds in Escrow will be closed automatically after 90 days of inactivity. You may read more about dormant contracts on Section 3. Dormant Contracts of the Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions

You can close this contract in the meantime if you do not see any activity (releasing milestones, setting up new milestones) for this contract. You can hire the freelancer again as needed.

~ Avery
Upwork
8cac4ae2
Community Member

Hi Avery....

As I want to continue my existing contract job with the same freelancer -

Can I set up a new milestone for the existing contract and continue the job, do I have to pay some other charges for doing so ???

If I close the existing contract and make a new contract do I have to pay some other charges for doing so ?? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipin, 

Adding a new milestone should be fine, and you will not be chargedfor doing so. 

If you close the existing contract, and setup a new one, you will not be charged until you fund the milestone. You will only be charged the client payment processing fees

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Vipin, 

Adding a new milestone should be fine, and you will not be chargedfor doing so. 

If you close the existing contract, and setup a new one, you will not be charged until you fund the milestone. You will only be charged the client payment processing fees

Adding a new milestone does not help as it does not affect the milestone that is about to expire.

All he has to do is release a single Dollar on the existing milestone, and then fund the second milestone with the funds left in Escrow, problem solved for another 90 days.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths