🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to be contacted by Upwork representative...
Page options
5a02271f
Community Member

Need to be contacted by Upwork representative for refund

I am the client and contacted my freelancer on June 11 to inform him we needed to bring contract to a close because of financial concerns due to the pandemic. He responded the next day and everything was understood and mutually satisfied. The contract was not ended early but actually was extended way beyond the original offering. I could not find the protocol on the Upwork site to officially end the contract until yesterday June 16.  It appears Upwork took out another 2 weeks of pay on the 15th that I would like to have refunded since no work regarding this contract will have been performed from June 12 onward. Could I please be contacted by an Upwork representative regarding this matter. I don’t see any other way of getting ahold of a representative (no phone numbers or live chat) other that this community forum.

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kirk,

I would like to clarify that at the moment you can dispute your freelancers hours from last week. To learn more about this check out this Help Article
I would also like to confirm that you`ve added a weekly salary to your contract as well. The salary will be paid to your freelancer even when they haven't worked/tracked their time. If this was done by mistake I would suggest communicating with your freelancer about receiving a refund. 
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths