🐈
» Forums » Clients » Need to complain about a freelancer that left...
Page options
4b1d17ce
Community Member

Need to complain about a freelancer that left malicious code in my system to create a backdoor .

A freelancer I hired multiple times and who completed work satisfactorily left malicious code on my website enabling them to have a admin username created if theirs was deleted.

I found this out a year later when a new developer started some work.

I think this was unethical and I want to complain. What is the process.

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adnan,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

awaiting

Adnan:

It is Saturday. This is NOT a normal matter. This may not be something the weekend team can handle properly. I think you may need to wait a few more days before you hear from anybody.

There is no web page on the Upwork site that we can refer you to specifically about this matter, nor is there a specific button or form to use. You are right to be concerned about finding hidden backdoor source code in your system. Like I said, this is an unusual situation and not one for which there is an SOP (standard operating procedure) or ready-made response.

Hi Adnan,

I checked and can see our team has already reached out to you via support ticket #31642939 with some information. Please reply directly to our team so they can review and assist you further. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths