🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Need to contact support to verify my cred...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
4f822e79
Community Member

Hello I am new to UPwork -- I recived this message need help -- You have exceeded the maximum attempts to verify, contact support to complete the verification. .. Please help..

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wayne,

Looks like your billing method was successfully verified. Could you please check this once again and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

No further assistance is needed.. 

72720b9c
Community Member

I have the same issue and failed 3 times to verify my acount.

Could an agent please contact me so I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hi Filip and Jezreel,

One of our team members will reach out to both and assist you further with your verifications, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This keeps coming up, Requires verification. Contact customer support. What does this mean and can someone help.

Regards,

Jez

72720b9c
Community Member

I have the same problem.

Would it be possible for an agent to contact me and help me resolve this issue?

Hi Filip,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket and is waiting on your respond back. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3329bc13
Community Member

How do you contact support?  Is there a phone number?  I entered the two small amounts, and it said I did not enter the correct amounts.  Perhaps not in the correct order?  Then it said to conact support, but there is no number to do that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melinda,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b3c595e4
Community Member

Validation Failed, says to contact customer support.  Need help to pay freelancer

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I'll share your account with the team so that they can get back to you and assist you with verifying your billing method. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b3c595e4
Community Member

Thanks!
f700e35c
Community Member

I have added my card and have been charged by Upwork for the verification process.

Unfortunately, it will not let me verify and it said, contact support. I am trying to get a project off the ground now... It is frustrating...

Can someone please help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ami,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eafc34ca
Community Member

I need help for verification of billing; k got lock up flr multiple entries
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria Krystle, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your credit card verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
22fb98a0
Community Member

I need help too

from being locked out

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Georgea, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your credit card verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
db63052d
Community Member

I too am having the same issue with payment verifications in this thread.  I apologize if Ive subimitted a request the incorrect way but I am new to this site and need help ASAP.

Hi Kizee,

I've shared your concern with the customer support team, and one of the team members will reach out via support ticket to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
905abcad
Community Member

I am getting error "You have exceeded the maximum attempts to verify" when i try to complete my credit card verification. How to reset or contact customer support?

Hi Nitesh,

A team member will reach out to assist you directly with this issue. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue. And no documentation is available to resolve it

Hi Diyoda,

Sorry you ran into issues adding a payment method. We'll have one of our support agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your credit card verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork
0ef4542c
Community Member

it will not let me pay the free lancer because it will not let me verify my card but had no problem taking the money out my account for the verification process.

Hi Jese,

I've shared your concern with the customer support team, and one of the team members will reach out via support ticket to assist you directly. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7d1715d
Community Member

I've just registered, added a billing method and tried to verify my credit card. It was charged 2 times (sum of $10) and now under "Billing methods" next to the cc I see "Requires verification. Contact customer support".

Any idea what to do?

I think the issue is that I entered the wrong amounts a few times... but dunno now what to do. I've also tried to remove and re-add the cc but the issue remained.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andras,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a4684215
Community Member

The site will not let me verify my credit card so I can pay my freelancer!!  Why is there no clear email or phone number to call???

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bonnie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d3719919
Community Member

I've been locked out of verifying my credit card due to too many wrong entries. The bot articles were useless, to me anyway, and I've been unable to find Live Help or even a Support phone number. I finally have the correct figures for verification.
How can I get it verified so I can pay the developer?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tom.

~ Bojan
Upwork
99ba5cf8
Community Member

Got the same issue - am blocked

Hi Kenneth,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
87d24498
Community Member

I just added my credit card and removed it because I wanted paypal as a payment method. Upwork charged me about $10 from card and didn't repay. Why?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melissa,

The two small verification charges were placed on your credit card when you added it as a payment method. Also, I checked refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0c23756d
Community Member

Hello,

The payment is already taken from the bank , I have received the confirmation email as well. But, still on my account it shows card unverified. 

Please advise. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anu,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your credit card verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths