🐈
» Forums » Clients » Billing Method verification failed.
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
684dd300
Community Member

i cannot do the verification of my credit card. What can i do?

kind regards,

Liliana Silvestre

Hi Liliana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bd82d369
Community Member

I could not verify my card and now after three attempts, this option is blocked. I have added Paypal account and set it as primary but now I cannot delete the credit card. From where the payment will be withdrawn and how do proceed with the card verification?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maryna,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your credit card verification process and advise you further regarding your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
639b3df1
Community Member

Hello, I cant verify my creadit Card, it says contact the Support team and ive spent an hour trying to find how to contact them. So can somebody help me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
639b3df1
Community Member

So i should just wait?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marina,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8236e6fc
Community Member

I need to verify my credit card and nothing is working, not even when I enter $10 worth of payments. What do I do???

I have tried about 20 times to "contact support" by following many rabbit holes of support links and this is all I got. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samsara, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
8236e6fc
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Both cahrges from upwork made it to my credit card account, so I only need someone from support staff to let me verify the amounts I got through upwork, please.

Thank you!

Hi Samsara,

I checked and see our team reached out to you directly yesterday and offered assistance with verifying your card. Could you please follow up here and respond to the initial message, in order to receive further help?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know there was a response, but I just now replied.

Thanks,

Samsara

mirarts
Community Member

Hi, Samsara! How many times did you send the initial verification request? If you sent multiple then it might have a delay of old verification amounts vs what your Upwork account plans to send, appearing as a wrong amount.

Upwork's support and verification can sometimes be slow so I recommend patience. My account took several days to completely set up. 

8236e6fc
Community Member

If I understand correctly, I hit "submit verification" and got rejected. I
then would enter different values, try to submit, and get rejected. After a
few tries--with both cards i tried---I was locked out and shown the
"contact customer support" option.
I was never able to successfully send any amount, ever.

Thanks

d14a6d07
Community Member

Escrow is successfuly paid but I cannot hire a freelancer with this card. If the card was not accepted then escrow wouldn't be taken also, am I right? Can someone communicate me about this please? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d14a6d07
Community Member

Hi. Still the same error of not having a valid billing method.

I have talked with my bank and no problem with international use
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Hamza.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
999771f3
Community Member

'm having a problem with payment and no one helped me with it. Do you have a customer service number? And also chat help did not help me I'm having a problem since yesterday and no one interested in the subject
I added my card, updated it and confirmed it, but it did not work
and it is says charge failed

Hi Raghad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method concern. You can access your tickets on this page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a0eede0b
Community Member

When my amount will be refunded.. if my billing method verification filed. 
Or How i got another vaerification chance?

Hi Priya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked refund status for you and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this under your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card.

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I have the sameh issue.

I tried to add $ 1.00 but with no luck.

Regards,

dac66e37
Community Member

Unable to verify credit card, even though I added a total of $10 for both small payment methods to verify. Now my credit card verification is in a failed state. Please advise.

Hi Jonathan,

One of our agents will contact you directly through ticket and assist you with verifying your payment method. 

We put in the wrong numbers for the visa verification 3 times because we didn't understand what we needed to do. Now it won't let us verify, it tells us to contact customer service...which is only a bot and is not helpful and then when i asked to speak to a human, it directed me here. Help please!

jay

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaybusan, and Sameh, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your bank account, and credit card verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
19fc5ee9
Community Member

Hi,

I tired to add a billing method but I met an issue. Here it is the error message:

"Our records indicate that the payment method entered is already associated with the maximum number of accounts. Please add a different payment method."

I used this payment method in the past but the account was closed.

Now I want to create another account and add the billing method.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andreas.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
253b1bd3
Community Member

ME  TOO PLEASE!

Hi Liana,

We checked and it looks like you have added a Paypal account and not a credit card. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
095afb10
Community Member

I have not been able to verify my credit card information. The system said to post 10.00 US  but when I entered 10.00 US in both amounts to verify, the system said the amounts were incorrect. Can you please help since my contract milestones are coming up and the deadline is tight. I don't want to have a problem with the freelancer I hired. 

Thanks,

L

253b1bd3
Community Member

Hi! I can not make the credit card verification. I write the amounts totalling to $10, however they write that I am wrong

db46dc0c
Community Member

Upwork support it is a disaster.
I am trying to verify my credit card.
My steps:
*entered card info
*get 2 payments to my card
*entered amounts in verify fields
*amounts are incorrect(

After that, I am more than 1 hour trying to connect to support without result. Looks like I can't connect to support(

Hi Volodymyr,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1f7ae7a7
Community Member

Can't verify the two deposits it says I must verify to continue the project.  Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

Amir

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amir,

Looks like our team member already provided this information for you via this support ticket.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
2aaace0c
Community Member

I am using a regular credit card and it is not accepting the address. 

The address is a PO box, which is valid and what matches my credit card.  I am unable to hire a freelancer due to this. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beverly,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths