🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Q:I want to verify my credit card.
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
c6b53984
Community Member

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

Hi Roxon,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team is resending your ticket as we speak. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ea28870c
Community Member

Hi 

I have exceeded maximum verification attemts to verify my bank account.

Could you help please?

Thank you 

Beata

Please Contact Upwork Customer Support.

Please contact upwork support. their support is really awesome.

Hi Beata and D M, 

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you both with your billing methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've exceeded maximum no of attempts and therefore cannot verify my billing method. Please help.

8c0c05a1
Community Member

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for any issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imoleayo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e907e41c
Community Member

The billing method set up is so not user friendly.  I continue to get an error message.  I was able to get the "small" amounts withdrawn from my paypal account, which I verified, but I continue to get a message that says I need to set up a billing method.

Also I wasn't pleased to see that the "small" amounts totalled $10.  And I didn't see anything that suggested that the $10 would be credited back or applied to the amount I owe the freelancer. Which, by the way, the system won't let me officially hire.

I'm also irritated that I have to use community support instead of an actual customer service support team.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phil,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2583330e
Community Member

Tried to add my visa but I always get this message.

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I have been in contact with my bank, they cant se any problem. The card is working everywhere else.

How can I have my card accepted?

//Marcus

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcus,

I just checked your account and it looks like you were able to successfully add your billing method. Feel free to follow up if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
munirsunbal
Community Member

Q:
I want to verify my credit card. Entered two statements but they said you entered invalid. Then i tried again and they said your chances are finished, contact customer care. How can i verify my credit card in it.

Hi Sunbal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran. I will be waiting.

4c10bad4
Community Member

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linnea,

The two small verification charges were placed on your credit card when you added it as a payment method. The sum of those charges equals $10 and should appear in your credit card statement shortly. Then you can enter those amounts in the verification form in your Settings> Billing Methods and complete the verification.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
303c992d
Community Member

Hi! 

I'm trying to deposit through paypal, but getting 

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

- Card is added to paypal 
- Balance has enough 
- Paypal account is added here 
- Paypal account is verified 

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

i have tried to input the amount for verification in my currency which make me locked i think and now the the page is not showing to verify amount option and am unable to get upwork customer care.

here is the screeshot of my account.

My first question is how can i verify my amount 

second is how can contact customer support if i persist this type of problem again.

third how long it takes to reverify my billing account 

fourth the amount they charged.did they refund it to me in case i am unable to contact customer care (because there is no customer care )

Hi Sofia,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b3c16bd5
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. what i can do 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b3c16bd5
Community Member

Hi sir,

its 2.55 & 7.45
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

~ Avery
Upwork
62bad515
Community Member

I put too many times during verification the card. Please help 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tatyana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b3c16bd5
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue

What i can do. 

Please support 

2871b7e4
Community Member

I'm trying to add a credit card so that I can hire, and the site keeps giving me this error:

We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your card now. Please try again in a minute.

Nevermind. Apparently we needed to complete the "Verify Your Identity" action, but the error messages never said anything about it. Time to update the validation errors 😉

32b2db78
Community Member

This is my first time using this platform. When I try to hire a freelancer I can't do that unless I have verified my creditcard. Now when I try to verify my creditcard I assue I have to put in the right amount in dollars right (se attached image)?  if I understand it correctly the two amounts that I need to enter will be displayed in my internetbank. The amount in my internetbank is displayed in swedish crowns so I guess I have to convert them to dollars? I have tried different times to verify it and now it jut says "

Requires verification. Contact customer support".
I don't know how to proceed form here as I'm not able to verify my card. I can't even get the pop-up windoes that is attached in the files.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Elvedin,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cfc14b14
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to verify my business card.  I put incorrect amounts in the first attempt and it appeared to time out the other two times I tried.  I use this card all the time, not sure what the issue is.

Sean Kenned

Hi Sean,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
szgsb123456
Community Member

Credit card debit failed, what is the reason, how to deal with

Hi Yu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a8e853c1
Community Member

I want to pay my freelancer but my card is still not verified. Now its not showing the verify option but it really needs verification. How can I sort it out?

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sadiah, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
13d13efe
Community Member

I hit a limit on a credit card and payments stopped processing. I tried to add paypal - but still no joy. Trying to resove whatever payment problem - but all I see is "charge failed". Please help!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths