🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Verify credit card
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
abda33c0
Community Member

I can't verify my credit card because the amount on the statement is in another currency. And I can't figure out the exact amount in the USD.

I need to contact support ASAP.

petra_r
Community Member

Rashad A wrote:

I can't verify my credit card because the amount on the statement is in another currency. And I can't figure out the exact amount in the USD.

you should have 2 charges which add up to 10 US Dollars. - It usually states the US Dollar amounts in the description of the transaction - take a look. You only need to know one of them because obviously the other is whatever makes 10 if added to the first.

With very little mathematical ability, knowing that the two charges add up to exactly $ 10 should allow you to calculate it...

Hi Rashad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
boss14
Community Member

Hello, I connected my debit account here at Upwork to hire and pay my new editor. the card was declined. 

When I checked my account, I was deducted a total of $150. I'm not sure if it's Upwork or what because there's no transaction name or details in my statement. I want to confirm since:

1. My card was declined by upwork

2. I wasn't able to hire and pay my writer

3. Yet, I was charged. 

I already called my bank but it will take 45 days investigation. 

I want to check if anyone here can help me. 

Hi April,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
14dede57
Community Member

i am not able to verify my billing methods, please any help will be appreciated.

Hi Sam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with verifying up your billing method. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abhishek_kumar60
Community Member

I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed". In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information what is wrong? 

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f8f3ea7a
Community Member

Please, I have same problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c09c0d35
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

Hi Florina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

Hi Nawaf,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
50aaadb9
Community Member

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Donna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ffab3742
Community Member

Hi 
im trying to hire contract, but when im trying to Add BILLING NOW i get in issue with the CREDIT card. 

here is a screenshot of the problem.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m516wlc51j8rko/payemnt.JPG?dl=0 

Hi Milos,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
e42d6b59
Community Member

I'm trying to hire a freelancer but keep on getting an error when setting up billing method. "There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again." This is a Visa-powered debit card. Not virtual card. It has a balance more than enough to cover the payment for the freelancer. I do use this card for purchasing online (even abroad) without any problem. Please help. Thank you!

Hi Alexie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with setting up your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2230efa9
Community Member

Hi All,

When I submit my credit card to be verified I keep getting the error "The amounts you have entered are incorrect. Please check the amounts and try again." Please help with this issue as I have not been able to fix it.

Thanks

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eb3482f0
Community Member

I did try to verify my payment method but i put the amount in local currency so my verify goes into fail state so how can i verify again my payment method ?

Hi Malhar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you directly to assist you further. Please refer to the ticket for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c03392e4
Community Member

i couldnt find where to input the charges can you help try to click the link but it's not responding I might have key in a few times

Hi Alan,

~ Goran
Upwork
26f8862d
Community Member

Hello,

The card validation mechanism has been disabled since I made too many mistakes. I didn't understand what hat to be done until it was too late. Now I cannot validate my card (see attachment). I need help with this urgently. Thank you.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adrian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6af1edc3
Community Member

I have added the amount correctly. But it shows wrong, it asks to ask customer support.

Will my amount get refunded.

I can submit the 2 amounts detucted

Please check this amount and solve me this payment issue.

Hi Furose, 

~ Goran
Upwork
8c92f9f8
Community Member

Need customer support to verify credit card. Entered wrong amount too many times.  My cell: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Leif,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
4c664f24
Community Member

Hi Kiran,

~ Goran
Upwork
9ec8b616
Community Member

Hello,

It's my 1st project on upwork, and am trying to add a billing method to start hiring a freelancer ASAP for my project.
unfortunately i'm receiving an error" Your card number is invalid. Please update the card or add another billing method." 

i already checked with my bank, and there's no problem from their end, and am using my card since 2 years and i've never had an issue in it.

Can anyone help me in this ASAP.

Am very disappointed, because am in a hurry.

Regards

Hi Michel,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eba68422
Community Member

I tried three times to verify my payment method but it failed. Now I'm told to contact customer support but I can't find where to do that, help!!!!

Me too!!! So frustrating
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Donald and Tierra.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your requests

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths