🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Bank Account Verification Failed
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018

Hi Jorge,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9e550d9f
Community Member

I also cannot verify my account please help asap
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stuti,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fdb320b8
Community Member

Hi, I added my debit card, my paypal, then my friend's credit card, but none are working. Paypal shows Upwork as "added for automatic transaction" but when I try from upwork it gives error. I have committed to 2 vendors and would like to pay and start the work.

The thing is in India whether you have debit card or credit card, for the charge to go thru, one has to enter an OTP. On upwork there's no system to key in the OTP. 

This is my first time using this service if someone can help please. 

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you created a support ticket regarding your issue with the payments. I already followed up with our team and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mmastaw
Community Member

The system will not allow me to verify my bank account.  I had two small deposits made, one of which was for $.10  However, when I enter the amounts the system changes the amount to 0.1 and I get an error message to enter the amount with 2 decimal points.  I had the zero back in, but still continue to get the error message.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your bank account verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3de64249
Community Member

I went over the maximum attempts to verify billing.  How do I get a support ticket to get help?

Hi Debra,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5e3ea983
Community Member

I want to verify my card but it says "Requires verification. contact customer support. please help. I want to verify it ASAP.

Hi Ahmad,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
83f68eb4
Community Member

Hello,

Im new to upwork and I am based in Sweden. I cant seem to add my debit card. It keeps saying Please enter "Card Number" even when all field are complete. My paypal has also been rejected because of region issues. Supreisingly, I use my card and paypal on almost all other platforms without any problems.

Has anyone experienced this? 

Hi Faruk,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9839f19f
Community Member

New to Upwork. I am a company and whish to pay.
But, as I try to use my Paypal account in order to pay, Upwork tells me "your paypal account is not verified". Which is not the case. My Paypal account is verified.
Calling Paypal yields this answer: "Upwork does not take payments from Norh Africa (my company location) via Paypal". 
I am left with no way to pay Upwork.

Hi Mat,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
026e92e8
Community Member

Hello,

Every time I try to add a credit card for a payment method, I receive a message to enter my credit card again?!

Please advice.

As a side note Upwork, not having a normal customer service department like every other company is extremely frustrating to the end-user.

Thank you,

Hi Jacob,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble adding your credit card on file. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
64de8acd
Community Member

I am unable to verify the payment method. By mistake, I did entered incorrect payment information. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rajesh,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shahidtumbi
Community Member

Hello there,

I am new to upwork. Due to its popularity I asked one of my client to provide me work on this platform. My client try to verify his Credit Card. But some how he misunderstood the amount concept. Instead of putting the amount that are debited from his account, He put some random amount for three times. Now to complete verification He need to verify his billing method. How can he do it and complete his verification steps.

99cf4ddb
Community Member

after I entered the information about my bank account, it says that I need to verify my billing method. I dont know how can I do it, can anyone please help me? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carrie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
77c59b4a
Community Member

I also have the same problem please help 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Afi,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
071cec54
Community Member

I have to make urgent hire fo the freelancer, but i m stuck with verfication of my billing method. 

I see 2 debits on my card ending 1806, could you pls put them into my escrow account and at the same time verify my billing account.

I also found my account name and name of the card are different which i want to stay different.

Could you pls help.

BR
pradeep

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi PP,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d73b28a4
Community Member

Hi - hoping someone can help. When I try to verify my billing method (a credit card), anything I enter for the two small payments is considered 'incorrect' and I am unable to move forward. I'm new to Upwork, but I assume this might be barred from using the platform to pay freelancers..?

Also, am I right that this it the only version of customer support that exists for Upwork? 😞

Hi Christin,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. Please let me know what I should do as I'm trying to get a job
done today, and we can't move forward until this is taken care of.

Christin

I need to verify my card for urgent job hiring

Hi Emil,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f02819be
Community Member

I want to verify my credit card but verify button doesn't showing. Its showing Requires verification. Contact customer support.

Hi Hafiza,

~ Goran
Upwork
48f385cf
Community Member

I have added my debit card and they charged 10$ but still my debit card is not verified and thereby I a unable to make payment to freelancer. Plz help me. How can I get verified my card? 

Hi Rehan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3a7767c5
Community Member

Hi! I'm excited to start work with my first freelancer but she is saying I should verify my payment method first pointing at this help article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card

The problem is I can't see a "verify now" button in the billing settings, so how can I verify the card?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wilhelm, 

I just checked this for you and it looks like you successfully verified your billing method. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2ef83f34
Community Member

I have same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harvey,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2ef83f34
Community Member

How long will this take?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths