🐈
» Forums » Clients » Help with verify account, Visa and Amex
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7347684e
Community Member

I cannot pay: credit card verification time ran out.

And payment via paypal failed. please forward to customer support ASAP!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikolai,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9265e648
Community Member

Hi,

Would you help me verifying me Visa and Amex cards please?

It is asking the below:-

Requires verification. Contact customer support

Can you help please?

Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Arun.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9b496fe
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my credit card but it makes me contact support and it doesn't give me an option to contact support

Hi Jaiden,

I have shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ccbcdaeb
Community Member

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 3.50.49 PM.png

Hi Veronica,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
43d9fb92
Community Member

To whom it may concern,

I am experiencing trouble with payment as I have balance in my Paypal but cannot pay my freelancer. I don't have any means verifying my PayPal and my credit card also cannot be authorised even though it's working fine elsewhere.

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already added a billing method. Could you please let me know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
4122e889
Community Member

I have also been locked out no need to verify my credit card. Can not find a number or contact for customer service. I’m getting very frustrated. Please help!

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ba332e25
Community Member

I have some troubles in verifying of my credit card: I made the mistake. I was should type amounts of money, which sum gives 10$: however, my sum was equal to 10.10$ instead of 10$.

Hi Dmitrii,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
68980b42
Community Member

I need assistance so my card is verify so the person who is going to review my work, can start the process. I already saw a dedcution on my account, so I"m confuse on what else you guys need?  This is very complicated process and no one to help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Clarita.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I see LOTS of people everyday having credit card verification problems. I had them too. Had to contact them directly to get it resolved. It was very frustrating. They need to fix this process!

What is the phone number?
pieriandesign
Community Member

Hello, I connected my visa card, but I can’t verify it, but this is strange, considering that I connected it to conclude a contract and the money was withdrawn from the card. This can be seen in the transaction history. Help solve this problem. How can my card not be verified if money is withdrawn from it?

Hi Vladimir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a55f8505
Community Member

Can I please get some help with regards to the same? My card verification by UpWork isn't done yet, however I've been charged the first deliverable amount by UpWork. It's almost impossible to get in touch with support. PLEASE ASSIST ASAP!!!!

Hi Aparna,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you directly as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Aparna,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you directly as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

Hi Goran,

I did receive an email, however it is of ZERO HELP!!! 

How is it possible that the card verification money which is mere $10 is nowhere to be found in my statement, but the initial project amount is already deducted?

I am not even sure if Upwork accepted that verification amount because it said "number of attempts to try to verify amount have failed, please contact support team". 

Cuz of this I can't begin my contract as the person I want to hire received this message when he tried to accept my offer "Upwork not allow me to accept offer it's says This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer". 

I mean instead of back and forth emails, can't there be a better way to resolve this as I'd like to begin my project at the earliest! All my timelines are gonna go haywire cuz of this strenuous process at UpWork.

Hi Aparna,

Unfortunately since private details are involved I won't be able to share more details here. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket/email and our team will assist you further immediately. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same! I see my card has been charged but not verified yet. Help please

Hi Naomi,

Our team has already reached out to you with additional instructions via ticket and email. To access your ticket click Here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e2cf60eb
Community Member

Hi i tried to pay with paypal or with mastercard but without success.

please solve this issue.

Hi Boris,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Upwork support,

I am receiving a similar issue. I tried to verify my payment method and it says that I already reached the maximum amount of attempts for verification. However, I checked my bank statement this morning and it says I have a hold from UpWork one for $7.03 and $2.97 but my account still says that I need to verify payment and contact support? Do I just have to wait a little longer or is there a way to speed it up? I am trying to get the assigned work done from a freelancer but I am unable to until my payment method has been verified. Please advise.

Thanks,

Hello Goran and UpWork Support,

I am also having trouble verifying my payment method. Much like everyone else, I followed instructions, it failed, did it again, and now I'm locked out. Please help.

-ed

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan and Edward,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
stpa3k
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. How can I create a support ticket? can't find the option

1d23b7f7
Community Member

Hi Moderator

My account has locked me from verifying my card. How can I unclock this block and verify my card?

Hi Allan,

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m in need of assistance to verify my credit card.

Hi Aderemi,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

I havent heard from anyone. Can somone please contact me urgently to resolve this issue? 

Kind reagrds

Allan

Hi Allan,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that the team reached out to you to assist in verifying your credit card. Please check your ticket number: 28778531 by going here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
48e3ba10
Community Member

I cannot verify the payment method. I followed instruction described in the documentation though, I could not verify the payment method. After I failed to verify several times, the verification button dissappeared and "contact customer support" button appears. I need a help how to solve the verification problem. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038

Latest Articles
Learning Paths