🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I've failed 3 attempts to validate my car...
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018

Hi Jade,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I am getting "Charge failed" when I tried to hire someone else.

The problem is on my paypal. After I fixing, I tried to hire him again.

But its still getting on charge failed error.

Could you please check my Upwork account and help me?

Kindly regards

Joel

Hi Joel,

I would recommend connecting another credit/debit card to your PayPal wallet and then try to hire your freelancer again. You can also check with your bank if your account/s are enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

I have not another credit/debit card at the moment.

There is another way to fix this problem?

Thanks, Joel

Hi Joel,

I would recommend reaching out to PayPal customer support to learn more about the problem with your PayPal wallet. If you need further help from our end, feel free to follow up here or via PM with me. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have linked my PayPal email with work and the Paypal is also showing the billing agreement with Upwork. Still, whenever I'm trying to hire someone, it is showing charge failed. Please let me know how can I fix it and get the work done ASAP. 

Hi Nidhi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
594274e8
Community Member

My payment method is getting refused and will not enable me to pay as it keeps giving me this

You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.

Which I do please help with this

Hi Matt,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anthony-blcf
Community Member

I've failed 3 attempts to validate my card.

Can you help me?
Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Anthony,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1d91a081
Community Member

Hi Goran, I need help as well. I entered my debit card verification wrong 3 times causing failure. Please help as I need it verified ASAP for a project due soon. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nadeen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1d91a081
Community Member

I'm fairly new to this. Where will I receive that ticket? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nadeen,

It looks like you were able to locate the ticket and our team already helped you to successfully verify your billing method. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance in the future. 

Happy hiring! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
216c570e
Community Member

locked out of my card, didnt realize totals had to be 10.00

Hi Tyler,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4c7cba33
Community Member

Hey, I am a new client here! I am having issues with payment verification! I think it exceeded the limits and now it says contact customer support! Do help me with this! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shravanthi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bdec8df9
Community Member

Hi there,

I've tried to add a billing method, master card none of them were accepted:
1) for the credit card - it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

Can anyone help me please.

Thank you

Hi Umair,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4d3fbed5
Community Member

I am trying to deposit with my bank card. There is a message: Requires verification. Contact customer support.  What I must do now? I was going to purpose a contract to a freelancer. Thanks in advance! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petar,

~ Bojan
Upwork
cab3bac1
Community Member

I tried verify payment and it locked me out. pleaes reset my acct. 

31e214ec
Community Member

Hi there,

I've tried to add a billing method, both card and paypal account, and none of them were accepted:

1) for the credit card - it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

2) for paypal account - the account is not verified, which is not true since I use it on a daily basis 

Can anyone help me please.

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rita,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
31e214ec
Community Member

Hi Borjan

It didn't worked.

I also tried with my friend's credit card just to understand if it was something with my card and it worked. But, he was charged with some kind of fees, I immediatelly removed the card so I ask, this charges will be cancelled?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists, Rita.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
31e214ec
Community Member

Ok Borjan, but that only answers to part of my problem.

What happens now to my friend's credit card which was credited by Upwork? 

How will I know that he amout will be returned?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rita.

I checked the refund status for you and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

My add billing method problem.How to add to this add Billing Method.Can you help me?
I am very worried
Thanks!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ahtisham,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e512d4cc
Community Member

As above. New account. Nowhere does it say that the totals have to be over $10 to verify credit card until you look it up after it doesn't work....So now I am asked to contact someone. Can't do that as it appears I have to ask this question on here. Can someone advise? Worst experience so far with creating this new account.

Hi Robert,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
15c0a149
Community Member

I have made payment using my mastercard but because it was debited in local currency I could not put the 2 correct verification amounts in USD, I tried 3 times before I was blocked. I later realized that the amounts are mentioned in the description of the transaction but I'm already blocked and cannot enter the 2 correct amounts now to verify my credit card. I need help to unblock my card so that I can verify it.

Hi Chafic,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d418df20
Community Member

Hi. I want to hire a freelancer but upwork is not accepting my bank card . Saying
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.
Please resolve this issue

Hi Seerat,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. I contacted my Bank and they have activated permission for international payment. But still i am unable to add billing method in my client account.
Firstly they kept saying “ we are unable to authorize your card plz add another billing method”
And now they are saying add billing method limit exceeded

Kindly remove restrictions as soon as possible. I need to hire client right now for an urgent job
Latest Articles
Learning Paths