🐈
» Forums » Clients » Verified payment method
Page options
8cc2e51d
Community Member

Need to contact support to verify my credit card but it doesn't give an option to contact support

I am locked out of verifying my card as I had 3 failed attempts. I am unable to contact support because there is no support number nor is there an option to have support contact you. How can I verify my card without contacting support once I am locked out because it doesnt seem like support wants to be contacted for this issue.

2,018 REPLIES 2,018

I don't know what you are asking for can you just ask what you wantin simpler term "do i need more money in my account " can i geta balance report ? please answer 

Hi Joe,

I would just like to confirm, are you trying to upgrade your membership? Are you having issues upgrading your plan?

~ Joanne
Upwork
14a993d4
Community Member

I have reached the maximum attempts to verify my credit card, I need to contact a support agent who can provide further assistance. 

Hi Megan,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
04a786c6
Community Member

I am unable to pay my freelancers using the billing method I had. It worked fine until today. Please assist.

Hi Rajesh,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Kayan,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already added Paypal as your billing method successfully. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2c2e92aa
Community Member

Hello,
I have added billing method, verified my bank card and verified my identity. Still am not able to hire a freelancer. I m facing payment issue and i have attached screen shot. Kindly resolve it as soon as possible

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2543552e
Community Member

Hi 
I am new to upwork and had the same issue. How can I unlock my account to complete my card verification!!

Thanks,

Hi Solomon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
37228aed
Community Member

I am trying to input the two small charges made by Upwork to my debit card, but I am getting an error saying that I have exceeded the maximum amounts to verify. The issue is that I have inputted the correct amounds exactly as stated.

Can anyone help me with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Razvan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
538dcd15
Community Member

I didn't realize the amounts I was putting in for verification needed to add up to 10 dollars. now it says I need to contact customer support to verify my payment method... but haven't been able to find an actual person other than that bot in customer support so am not sure what to do

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jessica.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
82a09b7f
Community Member

Hello,

I need to verify my payment method and locked out  I had a message displaying to contact customer service support. Please help me out thank you.

Hi Teresa,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
0bb07d4b
Community Member

Hi, Requires verification - I am unable to verify to my credit card to three unsuccessful attempt.
I hire a developer and he stated his project work, please help me to verify my billing verification ASAP.
MasterCard ending in 2867

Hi Raj

,One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aff380a8
Community Member

I'm trying to enter in a new credit-card payment method, and being told to enter number, expiration date, and security code, even though these values have been entered (see attached screenshot). I'm using Chrome. Any idea what needs to be done?

Hi Christopher,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your billing method? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I used another platform and it worked.

34868de4
Community Member

I need some assistance to verify my payment method since i got the two deposits but the window where i have to enter them is not showing up, and i dont know what am i supposed to do...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gurkamalpreet48
Community Member

hello sir, I am new client on Upwork and I was trying to add my credit card to verified my payment method, but I reached maximum attempts. The amount of $10 deducted from my account but my card verification failed yet.

Hi Harwinder,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
15d6c886
Community Member

Am I being cheated i the verification card section? It deducted my money

Hi Inthera,

I checked and it seems that the refund for your card verification was already initiated. Please allow up to five business days for the refund to reflect on your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f2cb44ed
Community Member

When I go to the verification step, it is not showing how to verify it. It says please contact the support service. I can see the 10$ is deducted from my credit card. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shamane.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
asimshafique141
Community Member

I registered as client and want to hire a freelancer but the this message shows "You don't have a valid payment method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." i can't sort it out why this is happening? anyone please help me out.

Hi Asim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b6202b54
Community Member

Hi

When I enter my data on the new payment method/ credit card, it always says enter date, etc. It does not seem to recognize my data. Are credit cards from outside of USA not accepted? Any restrictions?

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack,

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

It seems I made too many attempts

Hi Homam,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8d11bc6e
Community Member

I am unable to verify my credit card and I'm not sure who to contact. 

Hi Jassy,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket in verifying your credit card. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a5ddc94
Community Member

I have already used the card to deposit funds in escrow without verifying. And I hired someone to do my job, the fixed price is 225$. My bank card record shows that money(225$) has been deducted. But I still cannot find two small charges on my bank card record, so that I still cannot verify my card. Is this weird?

Hi Emilie,

To verify your credit card, you must confirm the two small charges totaling $10.00 (USD). Upwork submits the two charges to your credit card and you can verify the amounts from your statement or by contacting your card issuer, such as your bank or credit card company. It can take up to five days for the two charges to show up on your statement. To complete the verification process, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Billing Methods
  2. Click the Verify Now link
  3. Enter the two amounts totaling $10.00 (USD)

Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths